Publishing to Articulate Online is an easy process that allows you to publish and upload all in one step. The screencast above shows the publishing process from Articulate Quizmaker, but the steps are very similar when publishing from Articulate Storyline, Articulate Presenter, or Articulate Engage. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your content in Articulate Storyline, Articulate Presenter, Articulate Quizmaker, or Articulate Engage.
- Click Publish.
- Select Articulate Online from the left edge of the window.
- Enter a Title for your content, and a Description if you like. If you enter a description, it’ll appear in Articulate Online along with the title when you’re managing your content. It’ll also appear to users who access your content through Articulate Online’s user portal, if you choose to enable that. (You can learn more about the user portal in the tutorial called Giving Users Access to Your Content.)
- If you’re publishing content from Articulate Presenter, you’ll also see a few additional fields that allow you to switch to a different player template, and to choose a logo and presenter to appear in your course if you want.
- If you're publishing from Articulate Storyline, you'll have an opportunity to choose the Player and the Quality settings. See this tutorial if you need details about how to use these fields.
- Now set your reporting and tracking options. Click Tracking (if you're publishing from Storyline), or Reporting (if you’re publishing from Quizmaker) or Reporting and Tracking (if you’re publishing from Presenter or Engage). A window appears where you can set your preferences. The window will look different, depending on the type of content you’re publishing. Below is what the Quizmaker options look like. Make your choices and then click OK.
- Next, enter your credentials. In the Account Information section, type your Account URL, your E-mail address, and your Password. (You’ll need to be an administrator or publisher on your account in order to publish content.)
- Click Publish.
Your content gets published and uploaded, all at once. When the Publish Successful window appears, you can click Manage Content to open Articulate Online and work with the content you just uploaded, or work with any other content you’ve published to your account.
Optional: Publish Locally, Upload Later
In some cases, you might need the option of publishing locally and uploading later, rather than publishing and uploading all at once. To find out how to manually upload published content to Articulate Online, check out this tutorial.