Presenter ‘09 has a nice branding feature called a logo panel that you can include in your player’s sidebar. There are just a few simple steps involved in adding an image to the logo panel, and we’ll cover them here. When you’re done, the image you choose will appear in the upper-left corner of your player, like this:
Stwp 1: Add Your Image to the Logo Library
First you need to place your image in the logo library. Once you do that, you'll be able to use it in any presentations you create. Here's what to do:
- From the Articulate menu, select Presentation Options.
- Click the Logos tab at the left edge.
- Your logo library appears. If the image you want to use isn't already in the list, click Add, select the file you want to use, and click Open.
- Note: To fit in the logo panel, your image should be 244 pixels wide or less, and 92 DPI. You can experiment with different heights, but keep in mind that the greater the height, the more likely your logo will force other stuff in your sidebar (like the presenter panel and the navigation panel, if you're using them) lower on the screen.
- Select your logo from the list and click OK.
Stwp 2: Turn on the Logo Panel in Your Player Template
Next, you'll need to make sure your template is set to display your logo panel:
- From the Articulate menu, choose Player Templates.
- Click the Layout tab.
- In the Sidebar area, mark Logo panel.
- Click Close.
Step 3: Select Your Logo When Publishing
Only one thing left to do: publish! When you're ready to publish, you'll need to specify which image from the logo library you want to use in your published output:
- From the Articulate menu, choose Publish.
- Select one of the publishing options on the left edge of the window (Web, Articulate Online, LMS, etc.).
- Use the Logo selector choose the logo you want to use.
- Click Publish.
Logo Didn't Appear? Check Your View Mode
Since the logo panel is part of your player's sidebar, it'll only appear in your published output if you've enabled the presentation to display in Standard View (this is the view mode that shows the sidebar). You can learn more about view modes and how to choose them here.
Logo Doesn’t Look Quite Right? Check Your Display Settings
If your computer's display is set to anything other than normal size (96 DPI), your logo won't look right in your published output. Adjust your display settings and republish, and things should look fine.