Presenter ‘09’s publishing options make it easy to publish and upload your course to Articulate Online, all in one step. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your course in PowerPoint.
- On the Articulate menu, choose Publish.
- Select Articulate Online from the left edge of the window.
- Enter a Title for your content, and a Description if you like. If you enter a description, it’ll appear in Articulate Online along with the title when you’re managing your content. It’ll also appear to users who access your content through Articulate Online’s user portal, if you choose to enable that. (You can learn more about the user portal and other options for giving users access to your content, in this tutorial.)
- Using the selectors below the Description field, you can choose a different player template if you need to, or you can select a logo or presenter to appear in the sidebar of your course.
- Next, click Reporting and Tracking. A window appears where you can set your preferences for how you want Articulate Online to report on your users’ status with regard to this presentation. Choose one of the four options from the dropdown selector.
- In the Tracking section, choose one of the following:
- Track using number of slides viewed: With this option, you can specify how many slides learners need to view in order to complete the course.
- Track using quiz results: This option appears if your course includes a quiz. Select this if you want to track learners based on their quiz results. If your course has multiple quizzes, you’ll need to pick just one to track.
- Click OK.
- Next, enter your credentials. In the Account Information section, type your Account URL, your E-mail address, and your Password. (You’ll need to be an administrator or publisher on your account in order to publish content.) If you want Presenter to remember your password for the next time you publish, you can mark Save my password.
- Click Publish.
Your course publishes and uploads to Articulate Online all at once. How fast this happens depends on the size of your course and your internet speed.
When the Publish Successful window appears, click Manage Content to open Articulate Online and manage the course you just uploaded.
If a firewall blocks you from publishing directly to Articulate Online, you can publish your course on your local computer and then manually upload it to Articulate Online. See this user guide for details.
Articulate Online has a maximum size limit of 500 MB per course. If you think you might be approaching that limit but aren't sure, here's how to check: publish the course on your local computer (see the link above) and then check the file size of the Presenter package that's generated.