Quizmaker ‘09’s question feedback options enable you to give customized feedback to your users for each question they answer. Which is great news, because even a simple attaboy for a right response—and constructive words-to-the-wise when a user stumbles—can go a long way to enhance the user’s exepreince.
Here are the steps to customize your question feedback in Quizmaker:
Step 1: Adjust Your Quiz Player Template
First, you need to make sure your quiz player template allows users to submit answers for one question at a time.
- In Quizmaker, click Player Templates, select the template you're using, and click Edit.
- Click the Navigation tab at the left edge of the window, and select Submit one question at a time. Then click OK and Close.
Step 2: Turn Feedback On
Now you'll need to make sure feedback is turned on for the questions you choose.
- In Quizmaker, open a question in your quiz or survey. In the question editor, make sure you're in Form View, not Slide View.
- Pull down the Feedback option and choose the kind of feedback you want to provide:
- By Question means you'll tailor the feedback to the question — and if it's a graded question, you'll be able to specify different feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
- By Answer means you'll tailor your feedback for each answer a user might give. Only certain questions types allow for answer-level feedback, so depending on the kind of question you're working with, you might not see this option.
Step 3: Enter and Save Your Feedback
- Now find the Feedback area of your question, and enter some text, or click More to open the feedback editor, where you have more options for formatting your feedback text. (If you see multiple More buttons, it's because the question type you’re building allows you to set up different feedback for different user responses.)
- In the feedback editor, you can customize whatever you like:
- Text: Enter the text you'd like users to see when they submit their response. You can make the text bold, italicized, or underlined, and you can even add a hyperlink if you want to refer users to some other source.
- Audio: Here you can record or import narration you'd like users to hear when they answer.
- Branching: If you want to take the user to a different place in the quiz based on their answer, you can specify that here. The default is to move to the next question.
Step 4: Save and Close
Now just click Save & Close and you're done!
How Do I Turn Feedback Off?
If you change your mind and decide not to provide feedback for a particular question, just open that question in Quizmaker, pull down the Feedback option, and select None.
How Do I Change the Feedback Defaults?
You can adjust Quizmaker's feedback defaults so that any new question you add inherits the default feedback info. Of course, you can always customize questions after you add them, if you decide you don't want to use the defaults. Here's how to change the default feedback settings:
- Select Quiz Properties.
- Choose the Question Defaults tab from the left edge.
- In the Default Feedback area, mark the box next to Provide feedback by default.
- If you opt for default feedback, enter whatever default text you like in any of the three text fields.
The feedback text you define here won't automatically change what you've entered for existing questions. If you want to apply the text to existing questions, just click the icon in the upper-right corner of any of the three text windows.