Quizmaker ‘09’s question navigation panel is one of the many things you can include on your quiz player. Depending on how you customize this panel, learners can use it to do all sorts of things:
Here’s how you can include or exclude the panel from your player, and the options you can customize:
- Open your quiz in Quizmaker and select Player Templates.
- Click Edit.
- Choose the Layout tab.
- In the Question List area of the window, mark the box next to Display question list navigation panel if you want to include the panel on your player. Unmark the box if you don’t.
- If you include the navel panel, mark the box next to each of the items you want to appear on it.
- If you mark Display actual points awarded, keep in mind that your quiz player template will need to allow learners to submit their answers one at a time, so that Quizmaker can tally and display the score as learners move through the quiz. To check that your template is set up that way, click the Navigation tab and see which Answer Submission setting is marked:
- On the Layout tab of the Player Template Builder, use the Question numbering style to choose how you want question numbers to appear on the navigation panel button:
- Click OK. If the template you’ve modified is one of Quizmaker’s standard player templates, you’ll be prompted to enter a new template name (since the standard ones can’t be modified). Enter a name and click OK.
- Click Close to return to your question list.
Some Additional Options if You Have Blank Slides
If your quiz includes blank slides, you have a few additional options to consider. You can customize some aspects of the way blank slides appear in the navigation panel:
- Double-click on any blank slide in your quiz, and find the Display area of the question editor’s toolbar.
- Check the following settings to be sure your blank slide displays in the navigation panel the way you want:
- Include in question count: If you want your blank slide to be numbered along with other questions in your quiz, mark this box. This will cause the quiz to have a number next to it when displayed in the question navigation panel. It’ll also affect the numbering on the printed results of your quiz, if you choose to make a Print Results button available on your result slide.
- Navigation Name: If you want the blank slide to be listed in the navigation panel with a title other than the one you entered on the slide itself, you can enter the alternate title here.