Lower thirds are semi-transparent graphics that overlay the bottom of a video. They display brief comments or supporting information.
Adding a Lower Third
To add a lower third, do the following:
- Click the timeline at the point where you want to insert a lower third. The playhead (red vertical line) will move to that point on the timeline.
- Click Lower Third on the Replay ribbon.
- In the details pane on the right side of the screen, enter the following information:
- Title: Enter a title in the field provided.
- Subtitle: Enter a subtitle in the field provided.
- Logo: Click the ellipsis (...) button to browse for an image.
- Transition Type: Choose how you want the lower third to appear—either Animated or Simple Fade.
Adjusting Timing and Duration of a Lower Third
To change the timing of a lower third, simply drag it left or right along the timeline. Dashed vertical lines will appear when objects are aligned to help you with exact placement.
Lower thirds default to five seconds in length, but you can change that. Just drag the left or right edge of a lower third on the timeline to adjust its duration.