In this tutorial, we'll explore three ways to add audio to Articulate Storyline courses:
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click the Audio drop-down arrow, and select Audio from File. Tip: If you're in Form View, go to the Question tab, click the Audio drop-down arrow, and select Audio from File.
- Browse to the audio file you want to insert and click Open. Storyline supports the following file formats:
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click the Audio drop-down arrow, and select Record Mic. Tip: If you're in Form View, go to the Question tab, click the Audio drop-down arrow, and select Record Mic.
- The Record Microphone window opens. If you have a script you want to use, click the Narration Script button, which reveals the text from the Notes panel. (Learn more about adding slide notes.)
- When you're ready to begin recording, click the red Record button.
- When you've finished recording, click the Stop recording button.
- You can preview your recording using the Play/Pause and Rewind buttons.
- If you need to record your narration again, just click the Record button to start over. If you want to delete your narration altogether, click the Delete button.
- If you change your mind about recording narration and would prefer to import audio instead, click the Import audio file button. Browse to the audio file you want to insert and click Open.
- If you want to edit the audio you just recorded, click the Edit audio button to launch the built-in audio editor. To learn more about editing audio, see this tutorial.
- Click the Save button to add the newly recorded audio to your course. (Also, be sure to save your overall course file to retain the changes you just made.)
When you import slides into Storyline from Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate Quizmaker, or other Storyline projects, audio resources from the external content are also imported and available for editing.
Tip: You can import Articulate Engage interactions, but their audio resources can't be edited in Storyline.