Designing Online Fitness Classes and Training Programs #319

Interactive Exercise and Training Examples #319: Challenge | Recap

Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to share an interactive graphic or example to show how e-learning can be used for physical education and fitness training.

I rounded up some recent exercise examples to help you get started.

Name the Yoga Pose Exercise

Here's an excellent example from Sunet that demonstrates how simple images can be used to both push and pull information. In the first slide, a tab interaction presents six common yoga poses.

On the second slide, the same images are used in a labeling activity to test learners' knowledge on the yoga poses. 

Sunet Sullivan

View project | Sunet Sullivan

How Many Calories Do Push Ups Burn?

I like this example Samuel shared in the progress meter challenge last year. 

Using only two images, he created a fun interaction that lets you estimate the number of calories burned from doing pushups. And you can listen to some cool tunes along the way. 

View project  | Download | Samuel Apata 

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start  your own thread and share a link to your published example..
  • Personal blog:  If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
  • Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge:

To keep your e-learning skills in good shape, check out the jump-to-time trigger examples your fellow challengers shared over the past week:

Animated Graphics in E-Learning #318

Animated Graphics in E-Learning #318: Challenge | Recap

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

73 Comments
Jodi M. Sansone
Ron Katz
Jonathan Hill
Jennifer Gupta
Kelly Treacher
dayal mrini
Samuel Apata
P Warring