E-Learning Icebreakers: Two Truths and a Lie #313

Two Truths and One Lie for E-Learning #313: Challenge | Recap

In a recent training webinar, someone compared my weekly challenges to a giant campfire where designers gather to show and share e-learning ideas without worrying about being bit by mosquitoes. I thought that was a pretty cool analogy.

I hope one day we’ll find a way to gather around a real campfire and share e-learning stories. In the meantime, there’s a lot we can do online to practice our e-learning skills and learn a little more about one another.

E-Learning Icebreakers

If you’ve ever worked in the corporate world, you likely played the team-building game, Two Truths and a Lie.

It’s a classic get-to-know-you game where people reveal two truths and one lie about themselves. The objective is to guess which statement is false.

Challenge of the Week

This week your challenge is to create a playful interaction using the Two Truths and a Lie icebreaker game. 

Possible variations could include Two Truths and a Dream. Or go with your favorite icebreaker game to share a little about yourself.  Here are a couple examples from a previous challenge:

Two Truths and a Lie with Joanna

I like the newspaper design concept Joanna Kurpiewska used for her example. Using existing photos, Joanna created a bulletin board with three news articles. Check out her e-learning example to learn which two stories are true and which one’s a lie.

Two Truths and a Lie with Joanna

View demo | Learn more

Two Truths and a Lie with Phil

Think you know everything there is to know about Articulate Super Hero, Phil Mayor? You might be surprised after his e-learning icebreaker. Check out his creative example to see if you can uncover his two truths and a lie.

Two Truths and a Lie with Phil

View demo

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start  your own thread and share a link to your published example..
  • Personal blog:  If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
  • Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you tell your truths and a lie, check out the creative ways course designers are mixing photographs and illustrations in e-learning designs:

Mixing Photos and Illustrations in E-Learning

Mixing Photos and Illustrations in E-Learning #312: Challenge | Recap

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

266 Comments
Deb Downes
Eric Chamberlin
Amy Palian
Jonathan Hill
Tom Dixon
Jonathan Hill
Jodi M. Sansone
Jodi M. Sansone

Ashi, that is a tough question. I usually work my way through the annual list of the Edgar Award winners. They give awards for the best novel, best first novel, best true crime, etc. I just finished one called Fake Like Me by Barbara Bourland--I thought it was fresh. If I had to choose, I always read anything by Caleb Carr, James Elroy or Erik Larsen (who does more history, but the Devil in the White City, set in my hometown of Chicago, was a great true crime book). I'm reading one right now by David Patterson--it's about John Lennon and Mark David Chapman. It's called the Last Days of John Lennon. I really like true crime. The first true crime novel I ever read was Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi--I was on vacation and hated being there (because I was a teenager) so I just ... Expand

Ashi (Neha) Tandon
Joanna Kurpiewska
Karishma Vaz
Ange CM