Interactive Comparisons in E-Learning #385

Interactive Comparisons in E-Learning #385: Challenge | Recap

Happy Challengeversary, E-Learning Heroes! This week marks our 10th year hosting the e-learning challenges. That's ten years of showcasing your work, networking with other e-learning pros, and building fantastic e-learning portfolios. Here's a quick look at the e-learning awesomeness you've shared since the first e-learning challenge:

By the Numbers

• 385 Total challenges
  • 10972 E-learning examples
  • 2061 Unique challengers
  • 2190 Downloads shared
  • 1240 Blog posts by challengers

To celebrate this fantastic milestone, I thought it would be only fitting to go back to the beginning.

Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to share an interactive demo that compares the main features of two or more items. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start  your own thread and share a link to your published example..
  • Personal blog:  If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
  • Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you celebrate this week’s challengeversary, check out the pictogram examples your fellow challengers shared in last week’s challenge:

24 Ways to Use Pictographs in E-Learning #284

Pictograph Examples in E-Learning RECAP #384: Challenge | Recap

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

174 Comments
Jodi M. Sansone

USA Pet Ownership Statistics Comparison--Slider Demo and Download: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/fd67282d-78e3-40ca-a3dc-3e234b29d988/review Happy 10 years! I've learned a lot from these challenges and appreciate all the demos and friends that have helped me learn and grow my skills since I started with #188. This demo is an interactive comparison of statistics on pet ownership done in Vyond--but you could use the concept to compare anything. I used one of Vyond's chart animations. Today I posted my demo in 360 Review with the download file in the resource tab if you want to check it out. I usually post in my AWS S3 account, but my account was mysteriously suspended today "for security reasons" and I can't figure out how to get it restored. AWS says it may take day... Expand

Jodi M. Sansone
Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Cristina Graham
Daniel Canaveral
Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Ange CM
Samuel Apata
Daniel Canaveral

Interestingly enough, it was exactly 10 years ago that I first learned about Storyline! 😅 Truly grateful for you, Dave, and the entire Articulate team for your dedication to making this product the best it can be year after year. Excited to see what it will be 10 years from now! My entry for this week is based on a 2021 study by Harvard Medical School on the number of calories burned in 30 minutes for "people of three different weights". I've taken some liberty to incorporate weight ranges to account for folks who may fall outside of these specific weights, so take the estimated calories burned as just that: an estimate 😁 https://360.articulate.com/review/content/aaefd9f5-f3bf-40b6-b6e9-bd1e74b89186/review Graphics courtesy of freepik.com Animations courtesy of lottiefiles.... Expand

Daniel Canaveral
Kaylene Wance
Jonathan Hill
Jonathan Hill
Daniel Canaveral
Jonathan Hill
Daniel Canaveral

That's correct - no Js used in this project recreation (though I'm always keen on learning from experienced practitioners!). Sure! I am using the term "contrast" loosely to refer to visual changes that occur when moving through the app. For example, currently, the "Start," "Post," and "Post a different comment" buttons all have a static look that could benefit from a Hover and Selected state, much like the one's you've employed for the four comment choices. Case in point, I applied a Hover state to the aforementioned buttons, while also giving the "Post" button a Disabled state to communicate to the user that a selection must be made before "posting." I also found the Feedback layer/slide itself could benefit from a "layer/slide title" and darker background to help distinguish itsel... Expand

Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Chris Hodgson
Hannah Radant
Alexandra Camacho