Publishing your interaction in Engage '13 is simple. Click the publish button, choose your options, then publish.
Watch this video for a quick overview.
How Published Output Works
By default, Articulate Engage publishes to Flash, but you can choose to publish for mobile using the HTML5 and iPad options. Select what you want and it's a one time publish.
When you launch a course from the URL it will look for the Flash player. If the device doesn't play Flash then it will load the HTML5 version of the interaction.
If you're launching the URL from the iPad, it'll try to load via the Articulate Mobile Player, which can be downloaded for free from iTunes. Without the Articulate Mobile Player, content can be viewed on the iPad using Mobile Safari and the HTML5 output. The mobile player is ideal as it will give you the best playback. Currently the Mobile Safari browser has some limitations playing media and interactive content.
Use the following tutorials for more details or to get acquainted with additional Engage publishing options:
- Previewing an Interaction
- Publishing an Interaction to Articulate Presenter
- Publishing a Standalone Interaction for Web
- Publishing a Standalone Interaction for Articulate Online
- Publishing a Standalone Interaction for LMS
- Publishing a Standalone Interaction for CD or Another Local Source
- Publishing an Interaction for Microsoft Word
- Publishing a Standalone Interaction for iPad or HTML5