In this tutorial, we'll see how you can use a range of annotations, including arrows, check marks, crosses, rectangles, and spotlights to highlight content in your Articulate Presenter presentations.
Watch this video first, then follow the steps below to practice.
The video above provides a very good overview of what you can do with annotations. Download the practice files so that you can follow along with the tutorial and then do the practice activities.
Use the practice file to complete these tasks on slide 3 :
- Set the annotations to appear one at a time.
- Use the check mark annotation to highlight the 3 small images on the slide.
- Change the setting so that your annotations will appear together on your slide instead of one at a time.
- Use the arrow annotation to highlight the 3 small images on the slide.
- Use the spotlight annotation to highlight the large picture at the top of the slide.
As you can see, annotating your slides in Presenter is very straightforward. Practice making a few annotations using different types and effects so that you're familiar with your options. Then when you want to highlight some of your presentation content you'll know right where to start.
In our next tutorial, we'll look at adding other types of content including flash, video and web objects.