The player is the frame around your course. By default in Articulate Storyline 2, it'll include a left sidebar menu and slide content area, but you’re not limited to the default look. In fact, you can customize the player in a bunch of ways with just a few clicks.
In this tutorial, you'll see just how easy it is to customize the course player. Watch this video first, then follow the steps below to practice.
If you haven't already, download these practice files.
Use one of the practice files to try these tasks:
- Move the menu to the top left
- Add a glossary to the top right
- Add two glossary terms & definitions
- Turn off the volume control
- Add a seekbar to the player
- Add the resources tab to the top right
- Add a PowerPoint file to the resources
- Add a URL to the resources
- Change the text label for the Notes tab to Transcript
- Create a custom color scheme
- Save the color scheme
It's really that simple to modify the player in Storyline. Practice making a few modifications so you're familiar with the options. Then, when you need a custom player, you'll know where to start.
To learn even more about player customization options, check out these tutorials:
When you're ready, jump ahead to customizing the player at the slide level.