In this tutorial, we'll take a look at creating your first Articulate Replay project. Specifically, we'll see how to record your screen and work with the audio and webcam settings.
Watch this video first, then follow the steps below to practice.
We'll start from the beginning by adjusting your Replay settings and then making a short recording.
Create a screen recording
- If you have a webcam, choose the Select Capture Size setting you would like to use for your webcam recording.
- Set the screen recording dimensions you would like to use.
- Open PowerPoint or any other application you'd like to use for your screen recording.
- Size and align your recording area with the application you are going to record.
- When you're ready, record a simple activity such as inserting a picture into PowerPoint.
If you have a webcam, you should now see your screen recording displayed on Track A and your webcam recording on Track B. ( If you don't have a webcam, you'll only see the screen recording on Track A. )
Your Replay project will automatically adjust to accommodate your video clips. In other words, it'll be as wide as your widest video and as tall as your tallest video. Any video clip that's smaller than these dimensions will be centered on the stage.
This was a simple demo. But in this exercise you learned to create a basic screencast. Now go ahead and practice recording a few more so you're ready when it comes time to make one that counts.
In our next tutorial, we will build upon what we created here to look at editing your first screencast.