In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to add photographic and illustrated characters from the ever-expanding Content Library 360 to your Presenter 360 courses.
Watch this video demonstration, then follow the activities below to practice.
- Open the PowerPoint folder in your practice files, then open the Presenter_Practice1.pptx file in PowerPoint.
- Add a new slide to your course, then go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon and click Character.
- When the character browser opens, use the filters on the left edge of the window to find the character you want. (Tip: Click a filter to turn it on. Click it again to turn it off.)
- If the character you want to use isn’t installed on your computer yet, hover over it and click the Download from 360 button that appears.
- Select the character you want to add to your course, then choose a pose. And if you've selected an illustrated character, you can also choose an expression and a perspective (left, front, right).
- Click the Insert button in the lower right corner to add the character to your slide.
- Crop and size the character, then position it where you want it on the slide.
- Select the character you just added in the previous activity, or select a character on the sample character slide in your Presenter_Practice1.pptx practice file.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Character drop-down arrow, and choose Edit Character.
- Select a new pose, expression, and/or perspective. You can even select an entirely different character.
- Then click Insert in the lower right corner to update the character on your slide.
Tip: When you edit a character in Presenter 360, most formatting you applied to the original character will be undone, including size, crop, picture effects, and animations. If you used several formatting options on the original character that you want to keep intact, it’s faster to do this:
- Add a new character to your slide rather than editing the existing character.
- Use the Format Painter and Animation Painter in PowerPoint to copy formatting and animations from the original character to the new character.
- Delete the original character.
- Resize and crop the new character as needed.
In this tutorial, you learned how to bring your Presenter 360 courses to life by adding stunning characters from our ever-expanding Content Library 360. See this user guide to learn more about adding and editing characters.
In the next tutorial, you’ll learn how to add videos and web objects.