In this tutorial, you’ll create your first basic quiz in Quizmaker 360 by adding a question in Form View. Then, in the next tutorial, you’ll redesign the same question in Slide View to make it more engaging.
Watch this demo video, then follow the activities below to practice.
- Create a Multiple-Choice Question
- Adjust the Question Settings
- Add Media to the Question
- Preview the Question
In this activity, we'll create a multiple-choice question in Quizmaker’s Form View. It’s easy.
- Open PracticeQuiz.quiz from your practice files.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click Graded Question.
- Select Multiple Choice and click Insert Question.
- Your new question will open in Form View where you can enter question text and answer choices.
- Copy the question and answer text from the starter_text.txt file in your practice files and paste it into the fields in your multiple-choice question.
- Mark the radio button for the correct response (Accounts Payable Clerk).
You can use the default question settings for feedback, answer shuffling, score, number of attempts, and branching; or you can modify them without leaving Form View.
Let’s adjust a few settings for the question we’re building.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and change the Feedback to By Choice.
- Then copy and paste the feedback text from your starter_text.txt practice file to the feedback fields beside each answer choice in your multiple-choice question.
- Now use the Shuffle drop-down list to select Answers.
- And change the Attempts to 2.
You can also change the default settings for most question attributes. See this user guide for details.
Now let's add a an image to the question slide.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click Media.
- Choose Picture from File.
- Browse to the expense-report.jpg image in your practice files and click Open.
Test your question to see if it works as you expect.
- Click Preview on the ribbon or press F12 on your keyboard.
- Get the question wrong on your first attempt so you can see the feedback and try again.
In this tutorial, you learned how to create a new question slide in Form View, adjust its properties, add media to it, and preview it.
If you’d prefer to import questions from an Excel spreadsheet or text file, see this user guide.
In the next tutorial, you’ll design a question in Slide View.