Syncing Animations with Narration
Now that you know a little about syncing animations, you're ready to sync your recorded audio with your animations.
Earlier, you learned that animations are triggered by On Click events. To sync animations with audio, you simply click each time you want a new animation to begin. The With Previous and After Previous events will begin with or after your On Click animations.
When working with Presenter '09, you'll use Sync Animations to control animations. Sync Animations makes timing your animations a lot easier than using PowerPoint. Using PowerPoint to control animation timings is one of the more common mistakes new users make. So remember: never adjust the animation timings in PowerPoint.
If you're following along, I'm working in Lesson Files > Chapter_05 > Syncing.pptx.
Syncing your animations
- Open Syncing.pptx and click Slide 2. Slide 2 is the first slide in our presentation that includes animation and audio.
- Go to Articulate > Sync Animations
- Click Start Sync to begin play the slide's audio narration. The Start Sync button immediately changes to the Next Animation button once the audio begins playing.
- Click Next Animation each time you want a new animation to play. Because we synced most of this with our onscreen text, it's easy to know when to click the button.
- Continue clicking Next Animation until you've applied all animations or until the audio narration stops.
Previewing your animations
Okay, how'd you do? Let's find out.
- Click the Play button to preview your audio and synced animations
- If you like what you hear, click Stop and move on to the next slide. Otherwise, click Sync Animations to start over.
In the next lesson, you'll practice syncing animations with audio using the practice files.