Creating and Naming Slides
Now that we have a working placeholder slide set up, we can duplicate the slide for each slide in the course. Several slides — Engage, Quizmaker and video branching slides — will need additional customizing which we'll manage later in production.
If you're following along, I'm working in Lesson Files > Chapter_05 > DuplicateSlides.pptx.
Step 1: Duplicating the slide placeholder
Looking back at our DIYTC_Storyboard.docx, we can see our course has 18 slides. In this step, we'll duplicate our starting slide 17 times.
- Select the placeholder slide
- Press Control-D 17 times to create 17 additional slides
Step 2: Renaming the Slides
When we duplicated the slides, we also duplicated the placeholder title "Heading". In this step, we'll update each slide title so it corresponds to our storyboard.
- Open DIYTC_Storyboard.doc
- Beginning with Slide 1, update the title heading so it corresponds to the correct slide number in the storyboard
- Repeat for all 18 course slides
What about the one-off slides?
For now, just use the current storyboard slide titles for the Engage, Quizmaker and video branching slides. We'll update their slide layout and titles a little later.
In the next chapter, we'll record some pickup audio and look at some common audio editing techniques.