If you’ve used Rise 360, you know it’s a wonderful tool for creating online courses and training modules. But did you know that Rise 360 is also a super-useful tool for building all kinds of business documents? Think about it: pretty much any document or presentation file can be converted into a Rise 360 course that will be interactive, look beautiful, and work seamlessly on every device.

Though regulations occasionally require printed documents, in many instances an online version will do just as well. In fact, having an online version of your documents presents several advantages:

• Easy to locate. Online docs don’t get misplaced, torn, damaged, or lost like physical documents can. Simply navigate to the appropriate URL and access your document.
  • Can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
  • Updates and maintenance are a breeze, can be done in a few clicks, and don’t require reprinting and redistributing physical copies.

Remember that in certain cases, your learners or document users might still need or want the option to print the document. That’s really easy to do in Rise 360: simply attach a printable version of your document as a PDF, for example. The learners can download this to their local computer and print it out if need be. Let’s take a look at a few examples of the types of online documents you can create with Rise 360.

Job Aids

Job aids are a performance support tool that help people carry out their day-to-day tasks. They’re intended to be direct and useful for employees to follow along with while they are working.

View Example

Checklists

Ah, the good old checklist! A checklist is a type of performance support tool, typically used to ensure consistency and completeness in carrying out a task. It’s especially useful in situations where safety, regulations, and precision are important, such as medical and construction industries.

View Example

Standard Operating Procedures

Standard operating procedures (SOPs) are step-by-step instructions that explain how to perform an on-the-job activity. Standard operating procedures help maintain safety and efficiency for companies. Companies that are in highly regulated industries, such as aviation and finance, tend to have a lot of SOPs in place.

View Example

Codes of Conduct

A code of conduct, or code of ethics, outlines the rules of behavior for the members of a specific group or organization. It is intended to be a guide designed to help employees conduct business honestly and with integrity.

View Example

Employee Handbooks

Employee handbooks, or employee manuals, bring together employment and job-related information that all employees need to know. They’re typically shared with employees during onboarding and contain general information about the company that pertains to everyone.

View Example

Training Outlines

Many organizations deliver in-classroom training to their employees, and training outlines are a great tool to guide those sessions. They guide the instructor through the session materials and have some important points and instructions for group activities.

View Example

Resumes

Resumes are an important business document that just about everyone has. Bringing your resume into Rise 360 can be a great way to show off your tech abilities, especially if you’re in the e-learning or training industry!

View Example

These are seven examples of business documents you can convert into Rise 360 courses. Quickly and easily, Rise 360 can help transform your dull written content into a course that is engaging, interesting, and visually appealing.

Are you using Rise 360 in any unique or original ways at your organization? Let me know in the comments below!

Want to try something you learned here, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.

23 Comments
Stephanie Blakemore
Jose Velasquez
Stephanie Blakemore

Jose, your comments are so helpful! Thank you. What LMS do you use, may I ask? We use SuccessFactors Learning and I don’t think it has a social element. Stephanie Blakemore | Senior Instructional Designer | NTT Security (US) | stephanie.blakemore@nttsecurity.com | o. +1.402.361.3177| m. +1.402.510.1637 | Confidentiality Notice: The content of this communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately c... Expand

Keith Shull
Gerry McAteer

I also agree that you can use Rise to create other useful items such as job aids, quick reference guides, procedure documents, etc. One thing which I do find annoying is that when you launch the item you see the words ‘Your course is loading’ which is confusing if the item is not an actual course. Good news is that you can change this text, however there is a few steps you need to take. 1. Publish your final version of the item and save to a folder on your hard drive. (so you have a zip file). 2. Extract the zip file into a new folder. 3. Depending on how you have published the file web or LMS you need to find the lib folder. 4. Inside the lib folder locate the main.bundle.js file. 5. Right click on this file and select ‘open with…’ (you need to use a text editor, in this ca... Expand

R. Eric Smith
Patty Maher
R. Eric Smith
Rise 0

I cant agree here, in my opinion using Rise for any of these types of document is from a design perspective like using notes if you have InDesign. InDesign would give better results then Notes. Sure, for very short simple information things rise can be used, but then comes the management of all these short and easy documents, then it quickly becomes an issue to manage that amount of documents in rise. Rise document/file management is not designed for more then small amount of documents and files. I cant do a rudimentary search in the course library? So no , i would not use Rise for any of these examples, unless its in very small scale and will stay that way and you already have a license and also create training with your license. Then its a perfect match. But a rather expensive m... Expand