Import PowerPoint presentations into Storyline 3 to leverage existing content. It's a great way to speed up course development, especially if subject matter experts are drafting content for you in a program familiar to them (i.e., PowerPoint).
Tip: Most PowerPoint features are supported in Storyline 3, but some aren't. See this article for details.
- First, do any of the following:
- Click Import on the Storyline 3 start screen and select Import PowerPoint.
- Go to the File tab on the ribbon, scroll to Import, and click PowerPoint.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, scroll to Import, and choose PowerPoint.
- Go to the Slides tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, and choose PowerPoint.
- Browse to the PowerPoint file you want to import and click Open.
Tip: If you're importing a PowerPoint file that includes Presenter resources (such as audio), be sure the *.ppta file is located in the same folder as the PowerPoint file. Otherwise, Storyline 3 will import only the PowerPoint slides, not the corresponding Presenter resources. (Presenter doesn't need to be installed.)
- If you opened the wrong PowerPoint file or want to select a different one, click the ellipsis button (...) in the upper right corner to browse for another file.
- Storyline 3 will display thumbnail images for all slides in the presentation. Select the slides you want to import.
- By default, all slides will be imported unless you choose otherwise. You can tell which slides are selected by their blue outline.
- To select or deselect a slide, just click it. The blue outline will either appear or disappear to indicate its status.
- You can also click Select All or None in the upper right corner to quickly select or deselect all slides at once.
- Use the Insert into scene drop-down at the bottom of the window to choose where the PowerPoint slides should appear in your course. You can insert them into a new scene, which is the default option, or you can choose an existing scene. If you choose a new scene, use the Scene field to give it a name.
- Click Import to complete the process.
Tip: If your presentation includes Quizmaker quizzes or Engage interactions and you encounter an error message that one or more of them can't be found, see this article for solutions.