"Another ingredient you can stir into many approaches, especially a scenario-based one, is what I call a what-do-you-think question. The i..."
- over 4 years ago04/18/17 at 6:21 pm (UTC)
"In the tips from Nicole Legault that Allison shared, the first one is Identify What's in It for Learners. Most learners aren't intereste..."
- over 4 years ago04/11/17 at 8:20 pm (UTC)
"I hope they help. And, yes, it does look complex. I'm interested in this topic, and (in case it's not clear) I am not any kind of expert ..."
- over 4 years ago02/02/17 at 5:04 pm (UTC)
"Wikimedia Commons says that the Wikimedia Foundation "does not provide any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of lice..."
- over 4 years ago01/31/17 at 7:24 pm (UTC)
"Clark and Mayer, in eLearning and the Science of Instruction, report research on "discouse processing" to show that "people work harder t..."
- over 4 years ago01/06/17 at 10:12 pm (UTC)
Dave Ferguson replied to the discussion How do you design soft skills (client interaction) for a technically minded person.
"Joe Harless, from whom I learned a great deal about instructional design and about improving performance, thought that the drawback to "s..."
- over 4 years ago01/06/17 at 9:44 pm (UTC)
" Brandon: I work in the pension industry. While we don't deal with as emotionally-laden a topic as domestic violence, we do have some t..."
- over 4 years ago01/06/17 at 6:08 pm (UTC)
"I'm assuming there are stages to the authorization and capture process as there are in the pension industry, where I work. (Maybe authori..."
- over 4 years ago12/29/16 at 7:50 pm (UTC)
"Tristan, it's possible that check-the-box courses exist in organizations other than yours. ;-) I think breaking up the delivery is a gr..."
- over 4 years ago12/21/16 at 11:49 pm (UTC)
"I agree with Nicole: this is a great idea, and one I think the newcomers will appreciate. On the compliance issue: I imagine the existin..."
- over 4 years ago12/21/16 at 7:32 pm (UTC)
Dave Ferguson replied to the discussion Landscape Screenshot - Ideas to use this without it being too small.
"Two suggestions (or one suggestion and a thought) First, building on Owen's idea: assuming there are sections in the report (like a grou..."
- almost 5 years ago12/07/16 at 12:15 am (UTC)
Dave Ferguson replied to the discussion Ideas for "Secret Shopper" training course. How to spot a secret shopper/how to handle.
"I tend to agree with the idea that delivering quality customer service is the (likely) goal, as opposed to spotting a secret shopper (who..."
- almost 5 years ago11/24/16 at 7:37 pm (UTC)
"A lot depends on your audience and their familiarity with the application in question. Regarding the walk-throughs you mention, if people..."
- almost 5 years ago11/23/16 at 12:12 am (UTC)
"What do you see as the difference between "learning quiz" and "pass/fail quiz?" Here's what I read into the terms (not to say you should..."
- almost 5 years ago11/21/16 at 9:56 pm (UTC)
"I used to lurk on an intellectual-property site, where I learned to use IANAL ("I am not a lawyer"). So take this as a layperson's summar..."
- almost 5 years ago11/14/16 at 9:49 pm (UTC)
"I'm a big believer in the notion that people learn better when they move from specific (behaviors, incidents) to general (principles, rul..."
- almost 5 years ago11/14/16 at 8:36 pm (UTC)