6890 N. Loron Office: 773-860-8009 Residence: 773-594-9252
Chicago, Illinois 60646 Email:email@example.com
Years of project management experience developing on-site and distance learning solutions for associations and corporations, using a variety of media including: workbooks, instructor-led workshops, live-satellite teleconferences, video-based training, audio teleconferences, webinars, and e-learning. Skilled in script writing, video and audio production, instructional design and adult learning. Program areas include: health care management, legal, quality, sales, marketing and business management. Managed an association education department.
American Society of Anesthesiologists
Gary Courington Consulting, Sole Proprietor
Major client, Direct Marketing Association. Contract to convert current PowerPoint presentations into e-learning modules.
• Two-module, “Business Blogging”
• Nine-module, “Environmentally Responsible Marketing Certificate” program
• Ten-module, “DMA Certified Marketing Professional”
Associate Director American Bar Association Center for CLE, Chicago IL 1999-2009
Designed, developed, produced, and managed over 50 audio and web-based teleconferences a year, for association entities including: Health Law; Litigation;
Business Law; General Practice, Solo and Small Firm; and Franchise Law. Produced record number of programs and revenue for association entities.
• Introduced instructional design, improved production procedures and created production forms for department
• Created first interactive, web-based training program for the association’s Legal
Assistance for Military Personnel entity titled, “The Interstate Connection: Family Support, Custody, and the Service Member”
Director of Healthcare Satellite Services, Orbis Broadcast Group, Chicago, IL 1996-1998
Developed healthcare satellite services including the AHA teleconference series
• Negotiated client and vendor contracts, developed sales, marketing, and customer service
• Writer and producer for entire 12-month AHA series
Manager/Instructional Designer/Scriptwriter/Producer, American Hospital Association, Education Services Department, Chicago, IL
Administered entire AHA satellite teleconference series of 16 programs per year, to network of over 600 hospitals across the United States. Negotiated contracts with vendors, solicited and worked with content experts, assigned producers, made budget decisions, managed technical maintenance and customer service of downlink sites also writer/producer of teleconferences and video-based training.
• Produced over $1 million in revenue for association
• Managed scheduling, maintenance, and equipment purchases for broadcast studio
• Managed media center staff of twelve. Hired, fired, evaluated, and provided professional development. Coached staff in efficient and effective media design, development, and evaluation
• Supervised audio/visual requirements for AHA's three annual conventions including: writing and producing opening video, directing live video for general sessions and coordinating equipment with vendors for all educational sessions. Saved AHA thousands of dollars in creative, equipment and crew costs
• Designed hospital trustee orientation package which included leader's guide and study guide. Product brought in more than $300,000 in revenue for the AHA
• Wrote and produced “Buckle Down Your Medical Waste Program,” video-based training program with leader’s guide, workbook, and special “buckle down” belt as facilitator instructional aid
Writer/Producer, Beltone Electronics Corp.,
Chicago, IL 1984-1989
• Developed content and instructional design for hearing aid repair workshop. Program saved company over $200 thousand in first year of implementation
• Produced live, stand-up, computer software-training program and computer manual, “Blink” (Beltone-link) for Beltone dealer network. Dealer commented, "You made it so easy, the only way you couldn't learn it is if you couldn't read."
Bachelor of Arts English, Minor Music, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of Arts Communications, Columbia College, Chicago, IL
Other seminars and courses:
Becoming an Rapid E-Learning Pro (Tom Kuhlmann) Articulate
Getting Started with Articulate Storyline (Tom Kuhlmann) Articulate
Skill Path, Inc., "How to Manage Projects"
Council on Education in Management, "The Supervisor's Job Today"
Dale Carnegie, "Leadership Training for People Who Get Things Done”
Career Directions, Inc., Managing Your Career
Microsoft Office 2007
Audacity Sound Editor
American Society of Association Executives
American Society of Training and Development