"I completely agree with Nicole in regards to there not being a "right way" to storyboard. I agree also with her rules of thumb for when t..."
- over 6 years ago04/22/14 at 6:45 am (UTC)
Kimberly Read replied to the discussion Tutorial: How to make a custom sliding side menu in Storyline
"Thanks for the tutorial Elizabeth! I like your side menu - great use of screen space!"
- over 6 years ago04/07/14 at 12:39 pm (UTC)
"I had several university courses on these topics that were helpful. I would encourage you to take a look at varied resources on these top..."
- over 6 years ago03/31/14 at 12:50 pm (UTC)
"Harri, For pilots, I like to use what I call "confidence surveys." I base the questions off the learning objectives of the course. For ex..."
- over 6 years ago03/31/14 at 12:43 pm (UTC)
Kimberly Read replied to the discussion Looking for Ideas for Standard Operating Procedure training design
"I completely agree with Steve's approach of training how to use the SOP should be used as a resource versus attempting to train learners ..."
- over 6 years ago01/21/14 at 7:23 am (UTC)
Kimberly Read replied to the discussion Best type of course for communicating a New Process
"A potentially humorous twist I've tried on the consequence driven scenario: offer learners both the good example outcome and a simply rid..."
- over 6 years ago01/21/14 at 7:05 am (UTC)
"Cary Glenn said: I try to avoid bullet points (both in real life and when I'm developing courses). One of the things I've found is that..."
- over 6 years ago12/23/13 at 1:03 pm (UTC)
"Hi Manoella, When you get your license you will be able to open your project and it will function. The free trial ending does not stop yo..."
- almost 7 years ago12/18/13 at 1:42 pm (UTC)
"Which Engage interaction are you using? Look like maybe a Guided Image? Try clicking on "Colors and Effects" to find the animate options."
- almost 7 years ago12/18/13 at 1:34 pm (UTC)
Kimberly Read replied to the discussion States have unintended overlapping content in Hover
"Hi Danielle, How about trying a trigger with a Show layer Action for When the "Mouse hover over" then pick your object? Would that work f..."
- almost 7 years ago12/18/13 at 1:02 pm (UTC)
"Scratch that - if you are using Engage you need to go to your Interaction Properties, then under Appearance select either Pulse or Swirl..."
- almost 7 years ago12/18/13 at 12:58 pm (UTC)
"Hi Angel, After you insert a marker, take a look at your Format tab. On the far left side is an Animate field. You can toggle between Swi..."
- almost 7 years ago12/18/13 at 12:55 pm (UTC)
"I love reflective learning - this is a terrific tool to help learners examine their own way of thinking! Great work, I will definitely be..."
- almost 7 years ago12/18/13 at 8:57 am (UTC)
Kimberly Read replied to the discussion Gaze into the future of e-learning with Tom Kuhlmann
"They asked great questions, didn't they? Always interesting to read Tom's opinions. Thanks for sharing!"
- almost 7 years ago12/17/13 at 1:43 pm (UTC)
Kimberly Read replied to the discussion How to design this e-learning course, please help!
"Welcome to the community KT. There are some great "get started" resources I see posted here by others. In addition to that I advise takin..."
- almost 7 years ago12/17/13 at 1:13 pm (UTC)
"Hi Cyndi, When I'm designing I like to start with thinking about what I want learners to practice. I try not to get bogged down in how to..."
- almost 7 years ago12/16/13 at 1:03 pm (UTC)
Kimberly Read replied to the discussion How many mockups or design comps do you show clients?
"I contracted briefly before accepting a permanent position at my current employer. I did a rapid prototype of three different designs and..."
- almost 7 years ago12/16/13 at 12:35 pm (UTC)
"I think of Brandon Hall as the "Consumer Reports" of all things related to organizational development. They have regular reviews of LMSs ..."
- almost 7 years ago12/16/13 at 8:03 am (UTC)
Kimberly Read commented on the article Training Needs Analysis: When is E-Learning The Solution?
"Your blog post (and visual) brought to mind the Performance Pyramid methodology created by John Wedman (prof at U of Missouri teaches Edu..."
- almost 7 years ago12/16/13 at 7:47 am (UTC)
"Laura, So it sounds like you are developing a training session that trains how to take ownership of your own professional development? It..."
- almost 7 years ago12/16/13 at 7:12 am (UTC)
"Hi Laura, I work with someone who has a fantastic voice for recording and he loves doing narration - it's wonderful! I taught him how to ..."
- almost 7 years ago12/16/13 at 6:49 am (UTC)
"St. Louis agrees with the Ring of Fire comment. I second (or third or fourth or fifth) the user conference comment. I wonder if there is ..."
- almost 7 years ago12/09/13 at 12:51 pm (UTC)
Kimberly Read commented on the article How to Increase the Viewing Rate of Your Course Videos
"I sometimes like to throw in a grabber question at the beginning of a piece of direct instruction that asks learners to anticipate, predi..."
- almost 7 years ago12/04/13 at 12:16 pm (UTC)
"Thank you! I did not find those directions in my multiple searches of the Articulate community. (I did find directions that involved inse..."
- 7 years ago08/05/13 at 5:53 am (UTC)