"Hi Patricia. For a future process, you might consider using an external app for recording audio instead, such as with the freeware Audac..."
- over 6 years ago02/04/14 at 10:11 am (UTC)
Phil Corriveau replied to the discussion Video training for low-bandwidth users: Quality? Doable? MBs/min?
"Hi Marc. You might want to check out an Articulate blog entry I wrote five years ago (which I can't is already that old!!). It focuses o..."
- over 7 years ago03/04/13 at 12:35 pm (UTC)
"Steve McAneney said: Hi everyone. Sorry to regurgitate an old thread, but does anyone know if James' paid preloader loads Engage projects..."
- over 7 years ago12/14/12 at 12:09 pm (UTC)
"Hi David. My understanding is that SWF videos produced by Camtasia do not contain ActionScript--as long as no playback controls are sele..."
- over 8 years ago02/07/12 at 12:46 pm (UTC)
Phil Corriveau replied to the discussion Best way to handle multiple flash videos with audio and animation
"Hi Melissa. In my opinion, I would break it up into one slide per video. I thinkthis approach will be easier to manage the videos, as w..."
- over 8 years ago02/07/12 at 12:17 pm (UTC)
"Unfortunately, it's not so simple with video files. Depending on the video files you're working with, you MIGHT be able to--with a good ..."
- over 8 years ago01/28/12 at 1:58 pm (UTC)
"Hi Joseph. You should check out the Levelator first--which performs volume compression. It is very easy to use and free. In most case..."
- over 8 years ago01/18/12 at 1:56 pm (UTC)
Phil Corriveau started a new discussion Can't view prior revision's quiz results
"Here's the situation: I have had a Articulate course online for a year with a Quizmaker evaluation--which was tracked in AO. I have h..."
- over 8 years ago01/05/12 at 9:27 am (UTC)
"Glad to hear it George. If you really want to get a sense of how well the custom preloader is working for your course, you can simulate ..."
- almost 9 years ago10/21/11 at 5:21 pm (UTC)
"...and are you using the XML version or the original Flash version?"
- almost 9 years ago10/21/11 at 12:30 pm (UTC)
"Hmmm...I've seen it before. By chance, are you using Articulate Online?"
- almost 9 years ago10/21/11 at 12:29 pm (UTC)
"Hi George. Which preloader are you using...the paid version or the free one? If you are using the "free" custom preloader, try this for y..."
- almost 9 years ago10/21/11 at 12:10 pm (UTC)
"Hi Terri. If I understand your question, I would check with the hosting service of your website for instructions on getting content onto..."
- almost 9 years ago10/07/11 at 8:15 am (UTC)
"Hi Shari. It sounds like the culprit might be the format of the audio files. If you haven't already done so, I would make sure that yo..."
- almost 9 years ago10/05/11 at 10:37 am (UTC)
Phil Corriveau replied to the discussion Presentation with a few flash files massively delayed in playing
"Hi Shawn. What is the file size of your 4 Flash files?"
- almost 9 years ago10/05/11 at 10:32 am (UTC)
"Glad to hear it worked for you. Thanks for the update Melissa!"
- almost 9 years ago09/01/11 at 7:34 am (UTC)
"Hi Melissa. This is how I'd do it: Export the audio from your PPT presentation as WAV files (each slide will have a corresponding audi..."
- almost 9 years ago08/29/11 at 1:59 pm (UTC)
"Your biggest challenge is obviously your users' connection speeds. I think that FLVs are probably the way to go for you. In addition to..."
- 9 years ago08/03/11 at 8:11 am (UTC)
"The advantage of MP4s (specifically the h.264 codec that works in Flash) is that they can be very high quality (almost broadcast quality)..."
- 9 years ago08/03/11 at 7:44 am (UTC)
"Hi Janine. Although h.264 is a great video format, it can take a very long time (as you've experienced) to encode the files. Generally s..."
- 9 years ago08/03/11 at 7:19 am (UTC)
"@ Jonathan: Which preloader are you referring to that does not work with MP4s...the new automatic one by elearning enhanced, or the old ..."
- 9 years ago05/17/11 at 8:37 am (UTC)
Phil Corriveau replied to the discussion Does Articulate have a tool like "Bandwidth Analyzer?"
"Hi Ann. No it does not. Instead, whenever I need to test content for low bandwidth conditions, I use Netlimiter, which can simulate the..."
- over 9 years ago05/12/11 at 2:43 pm (UTC)
"Brian Batt said:Yes, but the degradation will be very minor. It's only after several conversions that you'll begin to hear a difference ..."
- over 9 years ago05/11/11 at 8:52 am (UTC)
"@John: There are many great mics out there. As you can see/hear from the samples, we can argue for weeks on which is best :) But one "..."
- over 9 years ago05/05/11 at 8:24 pm (UTC)