"As others have said being an active member on Heroes is a great place to start. There are so many amazing examples shared on here, downlo..."
- over 4 years ago02/03/17 at 6:13 pm (UTC)
blair parkin replied to the discussion Freelancer using courses in portfolio created for and copyrighted by clients considered Fair Use?
"I agree with the above. Ask your current/previous clients if they have any objection to you using the material in your portfolio. Also bu..."
- over 4 years ago12/15/16 at 10:02 pm (UTC)
"Sam, are you doing anything now for induction/onboarding? If so I'd talk to those that have recently come through it. What did they want ..."
- over 4 years ago12/09/16 at 9:01 pm (UTC)
blair parkin replied to the discussion Set Bookmarking to return user to beginning of Assessment
"I would also consider adding a prompt to the beginning of the quiz (and maybe to the exit button) that warns the learner that they will b..."
- over 4 years ago11/23/16 at 9:46 pm (UTC)
"If it is for your personal development then I would echo the other comments to identify what your needs or gaps are. I would also suggest..."
- over 4 years ago10/18/16 at 10:54 pm (UTC)
"Overall it was really cool Ayoub. I noticed on the slide out menu that the text would appear before the image finished animating. Also wa..."
- over 4 years ago10/14/16 at 10:29 pm (UTC)
blair parkin commented on the article 4 Skills for Thriving as a One-Person Training Department
"When I was a team of one showing my internal clients what the process was vital for setting expectations as they had no idea what I did. ..."
- over 4 years ago10/14/16 at 10:14 pm (UTC)
"We are a new team so keeping it pretty simple. Task cards taped to a whiteboard. We may move to a digital version in the not too distant ..."
- almost 5 years ago09/08/16 at 11:49 pm (UTC)
blair parkin replied to the discussion Career Talk (Instructional Designer) for 1st Graders
"I would tell them they are going to teach you how to make a sandwich, and then illustrate the steps as they tell you. You could then have..."
- almost 5 years ago09/01/16 at 10:25 pm (UTC)
"Similar to Tim I have a working ppt file per project that I use to create any custom images, buttons etc, then all of my course assets ar..."
- almost 5 years ago08/11/16 at 9:59 pm (UTC)
"I like the free navigation to move around the different departments. Each department could be a challenge to find out something about tha..."
- almost 5 years ago07/21/16 at 3:31 pm (UTC)
"Depending on how you are presenting the terms you could use hyperlinks to have the definition appear as a pop up in a layer, like you see..."
- almost 5 years ago07/06/16 at 11:55 pm (UTC)
"I'm not sure selecting Combine Points will do what you want, I think then they would have to get 80% of 600. You could try manually addin..."
- 5 years ago06/08/16 at 5:01 pm (UTC)
blair parkin added the course Introduction to Corrective Counselling
"Sample of a course for managers to gain an introduction to corrective counselling."
- 5 years ago06/02/16 at 8:59 pm (UTC)
"Hi Everyone I had created this a little while ago and had never got around to posting it. It is based on some note taking examples I had..."
- 5 years ago06/02/16 at 4:00 pm (UTC)
blair parkin replied to the discussion Possibilities of making classroom based practical via e-Learning
"Very nice Irshad! Adding to Jackie's point, I would've liked to then try it myself without the prompts to see if I could recall the steps..."
- 5 years ago05/04/16 at 7:54 pm (UTC)
"Preston, a very big thank you. This will have our team all speaking the same language"
- over 5 years ago01/29/16 at 9:22 pm (UTC)
"Ian - simply brilliant, and thank you for reminding us that some of the most amazing ideas need only a simple solution. Kawstov, thanks ..."
- over 5 years ago12/10/15 at 5:02 pm (UTC)
blair parkin replied to the discussion Studio users: What Slide Size (Standard or Widescreen) Are You Using?
"When I do have to use Studio, it 4:3. Most of our user's screens aren't widescreen"
- over 5 years ago12/10/15 at 4:34 pm (UTC)
"Hi Joanne. Unfortunately I could only access the multiplication game due to our company firewall blocking the others. Shooting the aster..."
- over 5 years ago11/19/15 at 5:43 pm (UTC)
"Fantastic!! Huge thanks"
- over 5 years ago11/17/15 at 9:52 pm (UTC)
"Hi Nora The setup is pretty simple. You need to use a button to close/hide the layer to be viewed. Create a variable for each layer to t..."
- over 5 years ago11/17/15 at 9:29 pm (UTC)
blair parkin commented on the article Make E-Learning the Most Important Meal of the Day #106
"Been stuck creating a lot of compliance courses lately, was fun to be able to show how one of the courses should've been created. http:/..."
- over 5 years ago11/09/15 at 7:09 pm (UTC)
"Magdalena I love the twist you have added to a multi-choice quiz. I am definitely going to have to "borrow" that idea. Great work!"
- over 5 years ago09/23/15 at 10:55 pm (UTC)