Portfolio

Mar 22, 2024

Hi,

I am looking to create a portfolio to share my work with the world! But this seems impossible. I was going to put my work on my websites, but I am finding a lot of websites do not like Articulate. Wordpress does but you have to buy plugin. I was thinking about using Wix. I do not want to upload my work with using 360 review. What options do I have for placing my work for people to interactive with and see. 

Where are people creating portfolios?

7 Replies
Walt Hamilton

S3 is very flexible. If you want to create a domain with a complex website, it can be daunting. On the other hand, if you put everything into one SL project, it can be a lot easier.

Set up your account, and what Amazon calls a bucket, which is really just a file folder.

Publish for the web.

Upload the entire unzipped published folder to your bucket.

Set permissions to allow everybody to access the folder that contains index.html and all its subfolders, (even though Amazon will complain and tell you it is a bad idea.)

Find the index.html file, and Amazon will give you the URL (address) for it.  Send that URL to everybody you want to see the portfolio.

LXD Learning Experience Design

Hi Natalie, I use this plugin on my Wordpress site, which is free, to upload and embed Storyline projects and It works really well!

Also, you don't need to have everything in one place, you could use S3 or Azure to host your Articulate projects and have these in different links and a different Portfolio Builder Tool to create and update your site easily. I have been curating a couple of options that are free and really easy to use here.

Best with your portfolio!

Natalie Mak

Hi Everyone,

Walt thank you for the advice on Amazon this maybe something I try in the future.

Karen thank you for your information. I chose to go with Wix as my platform, I have Wordpress, but this time I am choosing Wix. I am still looking for ways for people to try the things I create. I know the Review is an option, but I was looking for another way, so my adventure continues. 

If anyone has another ideas I am open to suggestions!