VR Headsets and 360 Degree Images

Aug 03, 2021

After publishing a Storyline 360 project WITH 360 degree images - can the user view with VR Headsets (e.g. Google Cardboard)?

15 Replies
Fazal Khan

Yes I agree, Immersive learning is now the way forward and storyline is lagging behind in it. I have been waiting for VR in storyline for almost 2 years now but it seems there is nothing concrete coming up in this arena. I will have to get captivate or another one I saw cenariovr which seems promising with visual interface and options to publish on oculus and other vr devices. 

Robert Milton

I'd also strongly suggest that Articulate enhance the current functionality to allow for simple knowledge checks and quizzes. It's great fun to explore a scene, but we also want to be able to test knowledge.

It's not too difficult to build a knowledge check or quiz interaction currently, but variables, triggers and workarounds are required. It would be great to simplify and support this use-case.

I agree that publish to VR should be supported. AR support would really differentiate Storyline.

Terry Godfrey

We are creating facility tours [compressor stations, meter stations, warehouses, etc.] to be both viewed on computer [utilizing Storyline 360 images]. I use 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro to create and publish to Occulus [works great and process is simple]. 3DVista also does excellent job with 360 video and allows us to publish and then embed in Storyline 360 or a Rise 360 Storyline block. We've had great success. I use an Insta360 ONE X2 camera for both video and photos.