Why do captions disappear on Storyline 360 slides?

May 09, 2024

HI All,
We design and develop system simulation content. We typically make use of 2 slides:
1. slide template where we explain the rationale/business process/rules which consist of a continue button and a text box. Everything displays until the user clicks "next/continue"

2. slide template where we instruct the user to click or add text, depending on the required action. This slide template consists of a trigger and a caption on which we add text to point where the user is required to take action.

Both these slides are set to display all elements until the next slide. However, the slide template with the caption disappears once the timer runs out.
Does anyone know of a workaround except to make each slide a duration of 10 mins?

Lastly, I'd love to have some offline conversations with any other instructional designers to understand how they use Storyline specifically in the System simulation space.

Regards

Z

6 Replies
Ron Price

If you are using the Try Mode setting where the Hint appears on hover, then you will want to make sure you edit the trigger to remove "hide layer when user hovers out" feature.  Also on the layers, you will want to make sure that the object's Exit animation is removed and that you right click the object in the timeline and select "Show until end".

If those tips do not address the issue, it may be helpful to look at one of your slides, if you can share.

Zein Oosthuizen

HI Ron,

Thanks, but it does not address the challenge at this point. I've noticed that the captions actually have 2 yellow dots on either side of the timeline entry and that they can be adjusted. (much like a fade functionality)
I've removed the caption and inserted a new caption that does not display the "fade" feature and it now seems to be working.
Dunno how that "fade" feature was applied or selected though.

Regards
Z