Review 360 Mobile-Web Objects Don't Show?

May 05, 2022

Hi,

I created a demo for an eLearning challenge about web objects. When I tried to view it on my iPhone, the web object wouldn't load. I thought maybe there was an issue with the URL, but when I logged in and viewed it on my laptop, the web object worked perfectly. 

Does Review 360 not work well on mobile devices? I've noticed that when I try to view others' projects on my phone buttons and things often don't work. 

Here's the link for the demo in Review 360: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/20967bd0-4d0a-46fc-8b52-ce7fec4e3c41/review 

Thank you!

KK

6 Replies
Andrea Koehntop

Hi Kandice! I apologize for the issues you are experiencing viewing your Review 360 content on your iPhone.

I want to ask you a few follow-up questions to begin troubleshooting:

• What version of iOS are you using?
  • Is your Review 360 published content from a .story file? If so, which version of Storyline are you currently on?
  • Do just the web objects fail to load, or any other content?

I look forward to your answers and helping you work through this issue! 

Jose Tansengco

Hello Kandice, 

I tested your course on my personal iPhone and I saw that there were two events that required opening new windows for the learners while they were taking the course. One link opens the 'A Checklist for Planning Your Next Big Meeting' document, and the other one opens a Youtube link. 

The document link opened without any issues for me, but I saw that when you open the Youtube link in Safari, the link gets blocked. This appears to be a restriction within Safari itself, since I was able to replicate the same behavior on my Macbook when I viewed your course there. I had to click on 'Show blocked pop-up window' in order to get the link to display properly. 

Is this the web object that is not working properly on your end? If so, try testing your course in a different browser to check if you get different results since each browser has different security settings. Additionally, instead of redirecting your learners to a new window that opens a Youtube link, you can consider embedding your video directly in your course

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jose Tansengco

Hi KK,

Youtube videos can be added to a Storyline 360 course as long as you have the video's embed code. Here's the embed code of your Youtube video if you want to explore the option of adding it directly: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Smro12PXsW8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can follow these instructions to add the video above directly to your course.