Cannot get quiz score with course completion as tracking method

Oct 16, 2020

Hello, 

I'm publishing a Rise course that contains a single short quiz. I'd like to have the course track based on course completion but also give me data on what the learner's score was. I have tested in SCORM cloud and cannot get it to report the score unless I use the quiz result as the completion tracking criteria. 

(Using LMS export type, SCORM 2004 for the LMS, 4th edition, Track using course completion, and the two options I have for reporting are Passed/Incomplete and Complete/Incomplete- neither are reporting score.) 

Is there a limitation for Rise that you can only get quiz data if you use the quiz as the completion tracking method? 

Thanks for any insight!! 

6 Replies
Jill Burby

HI Karl, 

Thanks for the reply. I'm not trying to get the quiz as a second completion criteria. I simply want to know what their score was on the quiz. So the learner could have completed the course by viewing all the content, and got a 80%, a %10, or %100. The score isn't relevant to completion- I'd just like to get data on what the scores was.  Does that make it clearer? 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jill!

If you choose the "track using course completion" option, Rise 360 will send quiz answers to your LMS, but no quiz score. 

Have you done any testing in SCORM Cloud yet?  If so, are you getting the same results? We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out Rise 360 issues versus LMS issues.  

We are happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your output file!

Jill Burby

Hello, 

So, in order to record a score, completion needs to be determined by passing the quiz

I have been doing testing in SCORM cloud, and do not see scores unless achieving a passing score is defined as the completion method.  I'd like to have the learner complete by reviewing all the content, but would like to know how they fared on the quiz but it doesn't sound like that is possible. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.