Continue button - next block not showing correctly

May 03, 2024

Hi,

I thought this was just a SCORM issue, but it seems to be in the preview also, so wondering if someone here can help!

When I use a Continue button, the next block of text sometimes appears at the bottom of the screen, and sometimes the text is off the screen at the top. Surely it should just show at the top of the viewable screen?

Here's a preview link:

https://rise.articulate.com/share/o7jbB2KxEj8YkcV-uzuIB8HqOXHBkOjg

The first continue button (Planning a project) shows bottom 1/3 of my screen and the next one goes straight to the button stack and misses out the descriptive text beforehand totally! 

Can anyone work out what I'm doing wrong? I'm just adding the blocks in Rise, nothing fancy!

Lindsey

6 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Lindsey!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback! Thanks for sharing the link!

I tested your course in the current versions of Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. However, I was unable to replicate the behavior you described.

To clarify, are you experiencing this issue across all supported browsers, or is it local to one? Also, it would be helpful to see a screen recording of the behavior as you are experiencing it on your end. Feel free to share that here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Eric Santos

Hello Lindsey,

I'm happy to chime in. I'm glad to know Steven was able to replicate the behavior. That's a step in the right direction to help resolve this issue. The screenshot you're trying to share may also be helpful. Unfortunately, it did not go through. You may have attached the screenshot in an email message. Please try reattaching it via an E-Learning Heroes response.

We'd be happy to help investigate further for you!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for the additional information. We are currently monitoring a bug in Microlearning courses where using the stepped navigation will cause the continue block to skip blocks if all blocks are linked/connected. I'd like to do some testing to confirm if you are affected by this bug.

Can I ask if your course is currently using stepped navigation? And if yes, would you mind switching to continuous navigation to see if this fixes the issue? You can go to Theme -> Navigation to change this setting.

Additionally, have you tried making sure that your blocks are disconnected/unlinked? 

Looking forward to your response!

Lindsey Hillman

Hi, 

My course is currently using Stepped navigation and all the blocks are connected currently as I found the flow didn't work when they were disconnected.

When I disconnect them, the block in the screenshot does appear as it should, but then to get to the next one the user has to click on the down arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the screen which isn't that visible or user friendly, so this isn't something I want to have to implement!

Lindsey