New in Rise 360: Hide Cover Page

May 18, 2023

Have you ever wished you could hide the cover page of a Rise 360 course so learners could dive right into the content? Well, now when you publish for LMS you can! Simply toggle the option on before you export your course and you’re all set.

A screenshot of Publish to LMS page showing export options. A black arrow is pointing to where Hide Cover Page switch is located.

If you’re an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can access this new feature immediately in the LMS settings of any Rise 360 course. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to try out this feature, you can start a free 30-day trial.

Once you’ve given it a try we’d love to hear what you think! Please share any feedback or suggestions in the comments below. We’ll be working on enhancements for this feature and want to know if there are areas for improvement or additional functionality that you’d like to see. We’re looking forward to your feedback!

The Rise 360 Team

52 Replies
Judy Nollet

It's definitely great to be able to hide the cover page. However, I think it would be better to have the toggle button in the THEME >  Cover Page area. That would put the decision making in context. It'd also mean that the course would show up that way in PREVIEW and in all types of publishing.

Lacey Hendrickson

I agree with Judy that this is a great feature but is not implemented very well as it seems it cannot be previewed either in Rise or in Review 360.

I tried toggling the setting on and publishing my course for LMS to essentially "save" the setting, then published the course to Review 360 and it still appears with the cover page showing. We need to be able to preview and present courses for review exactly how they'll appear once published to our LMS. 

Casey Lim

About course covers, previously the "START COURSE" button had a neighbour called "Details ⌄" displayed right next to it, it had a downwards caret symbol to encourage people to read the description.

People in my organisation simply missed the course description that came with the course because that button was removed sometime in 2021-2022. They had said that the course cover pages were too large for their screens so they didn't scroll down, as visually the cover image and title took up over 80VH of their older screens (some are not even HD!).

Will that be coming back or should I simply move all the descriptive stuff into its own lesson? It just outlines the course and contains the copyright which is important to include, but not that important for a learner that it counts as a lesson.

Casey Lim

Hi Hazel, yes I already place it there.

The problem is that people unfamiliar with how online courses work simply do not bother reading that information because it appears below the fold on their screens and are unaware that it exists.

My organisation makes training for non-computer savvy people, so they do not find the user experience easy at all.

Lindsey Hillman

I did find a way to get around this - but it's a bit faffy!

If you go to the Theme, then swap navigation to Continuous, and Indicator to None, then the Rise file opens just at the first screen of content.

You will also need to 'connect' all of the content, otherwise it comes onto the page quite 'blockily'. If you connect it all, you get a single scrolling page.

Articulate have put in a feature request to ensure that when you click 'hide cover page' it actually hides it. But this is a temporary workaround.

Hope that helps!

DWK Graphics

I'm curious about your directions above. In theme, I can turn navigation on or off and I can restrict navigation, but I'm not seeing "continuous" and I'm not sure what you mean by changing Indicator to None. Could you clarify? I'm very curious to be able to do a work around prior to Articulate making updates. Thanks!!

Lindsey Hillman

I've created this workflow to show where to make the changes:
https://app.tango.us/app/workflow/How-to-Set-Stepped-Navigation-as-the-Theme-22c8d79bcd264064b10edffd72e05425

Once you've done this you may find in your actual elearning that where the + to add sections is, you'll have a 'connect/disconnect' option too. You need to 'connect' to allow continuous flow of information.

Hope this helps 🙂

Kruze Training

I just created a micro-learning module and was happy to see this option. I wasn't a fan of the microlearning modules because too many learners didn't see the bouncing arrow to scroll through the course, and I didn't see a way to add direction to the course cover. With the ability to skip the cover, the learner is in the content, solving my issue.

Jack Schofield

Would be nice to be able to just show the main microlearning page without the front page with the arrow navigation. Adding the presentation as an iframe in Canvas causes the canvas page to jump down to the embedded rise presentation.  It would be nice to disable the front page and just show the content page. 

Greg Loehr

This feature worked yesterday, but today it does not. I published another version of the microlearning I published yesterday and the cover page is now appearing even though the cover page is turned off in the publish settings. I don't believe I changed any of the other settings since yesterday.