New in Rise 360: Hide Cover Page

May 18, 2023

Have you ever wished you could hide the cover page of a Rise 360 course so learners could dive right into the content? Well, now when you publish for LMS you can! Simply toggle the option on before you export your course and you’re all set.

A screenshot of Publish to LMS page showing export options. A black arrow is pointing to where Hide Cover Page switch is located.

If you’re an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can access this new feature immediately in the LMS settings of any Rise 360 course. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to try out this feature, you can start a free 30-day trial.

Once you’ve given it a try we’d love to hear what you think! Please share any feedback or suggestions in the comments below. We’ll be working on enhancements for this feature and want to know if there are areas for improvement or additional functionality that you’d like to see. We’re looking forward to your feedback!

The Rise 360 Team

52 Replies
Kaitlyn Hilton

I am experiencing the same thing as Greg. Is there a system wide issue? This feature has been working since released and today it is not. I also did not change any settings since yesterday. I have re-published for scorm 1.2 twice now with the hide cover page option on. Once uploaded to LMS the cover page is still there. 

Greg Loehr

I republished these microlearnings and the cover page is now hidden. Not sure what changed, but it's working.

Thanks,

Greg Loehr, JD
Director, Sales Enablement
John Hancock Insurance

E gloehr@jhancock.com
T 617 572 4255
M 617 763 7078

[cid:image001.png@01DA1609.C5D70210]

Proud to be part of a global pledge to help make 10% of the world's insured population 20% more active by 2025.

[cid:image002.jpg@01DA1609.C5D70210]<http://www.jhsaleshub.com/Aspire?cid=US

Jennifer Werthman

The "Hide Cover Page" with the toggle and then the instructions underneath contradict each other. Based on the instructions in the post, you turn it "on" to hide the page. But underneath it says "turn the cover page on/off", adding confusion to when the page is actually on or off. It would make more sense if the header was "Cover Page" and the toggle was "cover page on/cover page off".

Lacey Hendrickson

Completely agree that this feature should be moved to "Theme" allowing the ability to preview the course properly. Having to send a disclaimer when asking for reviews on modules featuring a hidden cover page is less than desirable. I've fielded the question "Why can't you show it to us as it will appear for the learner?" more times than is comfortable since I've started using this feature. 

John Curran

The Hide Cover Page feature is driving me crazy. It's not clear what the toggle button does. Do you toggle it 'On' to hide the page or to show the page? There is a reverse logic at work here! 

More concerning I have published SCORMS for both states of that button but it ALWAYS fails to show the cover page. Is this feature broken (some posts above seem to suggest this). I'm using a normal Rise format (not microlearning).

I'm using Moodle.

Lacey Hendrickson

Hi John. I think it's the tool tip ("Turn the cover page on/off") that causes the confusion. It is poorly written, but if you ignore it the purpose should become more clear. 

Hide Cover Page toggled ON - This will turn on the feature to hide the cover page (cover page will be hidden). 

Hide Cover Page toggled Off  - This will turn off the feature to hide the cover page (cover page will not be hidden). 

Hope this helps clarify when to toggle it on or off. 

I'm not sure why both settings would result in the cover page being hidden when you publish. 

Loading Systems

I love the possibility to hide the cover page, but need it especially when publishing for web. I experience that some LMS systems are not really suitable to publish microlearning due to focus of the LMS on tracking learning progress. Hosting the microlearning modules outside the LMS can make the user experience much more fluent, but then we need to be able to hide the cover page. For microlearning units it is essential to focus on content only and eliminate any other not relevant information.

Please add me to the feature request to add the "hide cover page" function for web exports and publishing it to Review 360 as well.

John Curran
John Curran

That's what I logically worked out too Lacey but it's a very confusing instruction and for some reason whatever position I put that toggle the cover page fails to show in the SCORM when launched in Moodle.

After more testing the issue with the inconsistent cover page may be be down to Moodle and cookie settings.