Progress of Storyline activity embedded in Rise course not saving upon exit

May 02, 2024

Hi there,

As the title describes, I'm having an issue with a course I've built for my organization where, if the learner exits the course before the course is completed, but after completing the embedded Storyline activity, when they return a large amount of progress will be lost.

You can see what I mean by looking at the lesson progress in the menu of the attached screenshots. In this example, all lessons have been reset, but more commonly learners are sent back to the 'Special Baggage Handling' lesson. The 'Loading Baggage' lesson is the one with the Storyline activity. Once they reach this lesson again, the Storyline activity will have to be completed from the beginning.

My organization uses SmarterU for our LMS. I have tried exporting this course from Rise using SCORM 2004 3rd Edition and SCORM 1.2, but it doesn't appear to make a difference. I've also tried changing the Tracking conditions in Rise to 'using course completion' and 'using quiz result,' but it doesn't make a difference either. The reporting setting in Rise is set to 'Passed/Complete.'

As I haven't yet found a solution I've been forced to allow learners to skip past all the embedded videos I have throughout the lessons, so they at least are nto forced to rewatch them if they run into this issue. However, this is obviously not ideal.

Would really appreciate some help. Thank you!

3 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Matt!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

A helpful first step would be testing how the course performs in SCORM Cloud. It's a virtual LMS environment we use to determine if an issue lies with a project file, or the LMS itself. If the course progress is saved when viewing the lesson in SCORM Cloud, then the issue is likely LMS-related. If the same behavior can be observed when testing in SCORM Cloud, please connect with our support engineers through a support case.

We'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!

Matt Humphries

Hi Steven,

Apologies for the delayed response - this is not my main account as I do not want to post this issue on my organization's account, so I missed your response.

I've been working with one of your team's engineers through a support case email exchange, and we've tested many different settings to no avail. For example, changing the tracking settings in both the Storyline activity and the Rise course (eg. track by course completion/quiz result/slides viewed), trying different SCORM publishing settings (eg. SCORM 2004 3rd/4th edition, SCORM 1.2 etc). Nothing has really helped.

However, they did have me test the course in SCORM Cloud and I was unable to recreate the issue. So as you say this could potentially be related to the LMS we use (SmarterU).

If you have any further suggestions on settings I could alter that would be much appreciated.