Rise 360 users: What are your localization pain points?

Apr 02, 2024

Hi Rise 360 users!

We’ve been hearing that course localization can be a painful, time-consuming process. We hate that it’s such a frustrating experience, so we’re working on some ideas to make it much easier. But to do that, we need your help! 

If you can spare five minutes, we’d love for you to complete this short survey to help us understand your localization needs.

We look forward to hearing from you!

6 Replies
Shawn Connelly

BTW, I filled out the survey, but I forgot to include my most significant pain point. 

Rise360 outputs using a dated version 1.2 XLIFF. To better support modern automated translation tools and streamline the localization process, it's important to utilize the latest version of XLIFF, 2.1.  Ideally, providing an option in Rise360 to save in either version might be the best solution for all. 

I've considered making a parser/conversion tool xliff 1.2 <-> 2.1, but I haven't had the time to tackle this project yet.

My other pain point is that Rise360 cannot support multiple languages within a single course. Rather, I must clone each language version, which means that when course updates happen, each course must be updated individually. :(