Changing the font of a course's menu

Jul 27, 2021

I've been reading various threads on this forum, and I found several requests to be able to change the font size of the automatic menu. However, I would also like to be able to change the font. We have recently changed our font styling quite significantly, and the contrast between the menu font and ours is now quite large and apparent. I have been able to change all courses to our new font very easily thanks to the customize font setting, but the menu remains in the default font. Any chance that this will be customizable soon?

6 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Anshu!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share at this time as our development team has been prioritizing other features. Not to worry! I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share.

If you'd like to stay up to date, please bookmark our Feature Roadmap.

Phil Foss

I've only been able to do this with a theme component. CSS below, this one taps into Rise's font variables and replaces the default font (Lato) with the font I've selected for body text, and I made the font-weight thinner at 400 weight.

.nav-sidebar__outline-section-item__link {
font-family: var(--font-family-body);
font-weight: 400 !important;
}

Alternatively you can use var(--font-family-head) to use the font you've selected for headings. If you're using the default theme called Rise, you are forced to use the font Lato. Especially frustrating if your organization has branding requirements, proper logo and font usuage is usually found on page 1.