How to publish a course to SharePoint

Sep 11, 2023

Hello everybody,
Part of my learning I create a Microlearning course and would like to publish it to SharePoint so our team can access and learn.
I selected publish to Web and got a zip file. I extract the zip file and upload the extracted file to SharePoint and then click on Index.html and I got a blank screen.  Please help.

Thank you,
Sonya

7 Replies
Samantha Fegan

I am having the same issue. I am trying to follow Trish's instructions but they read like I'm programming a VCR.
Is that the only way to publish Rise content to SharePoint? 
Is Rise designed so you cannot use any other platform except for your software?
What is the best way to utilise Rise software? If you wont let us publish our content to web based platforms, then what are we meant to do?
I really wish this information was included in the purchasing of this software.

Karl Muller

Hi Samantha,

All that Articulate Rise 360 is, is an online course development system. It is not designed to deliver your online course to students, keep track of their progress and bookmarking, organize them into classes or groups, or create reports.

To do all of these things, you need a second system, either Articulate Reach 360, or a third Party LMS or LRS of which there are many. Rise can publish its courses using several industry LMS/LRS standards, including xAPI, and various versions of SCORM, AICC, or cmi5. Use whatever standard is required by the LMS/LRS being used.

If you don't care about saving or tracking student data, you can publish the Rise course for Web, and run the course from a web server. 

So there is no option to publish to SharePoint, as it does not support xAPI, SCORM, AICC, or cmi5.

Samantha Fegan

Basically, all the content you create is stuck in Articulte unless you purchase Reach 360 or an external LMS platform.
This information should be front and centre when purchasing a licence. 
Reach looks like you need to invite users to participate in the training and you have to pay for the users to access the content, is this correct?
I need people in my organisation to be able to access the content we create in Rise at any time without having to invite them, does this mean my only option is an LMS?