How to hide the cover page when publishing to WEB (for web exported content)

May 01, 2024

In search for an answer to hide the cover page when exporting Rise 360 course content to web, I've found a simple but effective workaround that involves adding code to the index.html of the published course just before the closing </body> tag. This works for me but your mileage may vary.

This method will allow you to skip the cover page and start the lesson immediately. What you will need is to find and take the lesson's url hash which can be done simply by starting the course and copying the link AFTER the index.html/#/ section.

For example after I export the course and extract the .zip file and click on the index.html file, i will see this in my browser:

file://mac/Home/Downloads/content%202/index.html#/

Base URL when you first open the index.html file

Then, when I press the Start button to start the course, it changes to:

file://mac/Home/Downloads/content%202/index.html#/lessons/rgW3y0NbhhJViEIWIiOBM-vy-2zPTaQr

After pressing the START button, the url changes to this.

The section in bold is what you will take to replace in the script below:

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function() {
setTimeout(function() {
window.location.hash = 'lessons/rgW3y0NbhhJViEIWIiOBM-vy-2zPTaQr';
}, 100);
};
</script>

After you've updated the script, simply paste it before the </body> tag of your index.html file. Following my example, it looks like this before:

'Paste tag'/>

After:

After the script has been pasted, save the file and give it a try!

Once done, save the html file and try opening it as you normally would. Let me know if this workaround helps you and in the meantime, Articulate devs I beg you to please PRIORITISE AND BAKE THIS FEATURE INTO THE SUITE.

Be the first to reply