Animated Scenarios (Interaction)

Description:

Animated Scenarios

Here's how you can use PowerPoint's Motion Paths to design a sense of 3D and movement to your elearning scenarios.

This download includes two templates:

Learn how to create this effect: Tutorial

All Comments

Posted 1229 days ago

How do you embed this? I don't use Articulate, I use Softchalk, but I can embed html codes , is there a way to save this as html embed code?

David Anderson

3,246 posts

Posted 1228 days ago

Hi Karen,

Which part do you want to embed? The published "Preview" files or the actual PowerPoint files? The PowerPoint file can be published to a couple different formats if that's what you want but I'm not sure that's what you're asking.

Posted 1222 days ago

Sorry I did not explain myself!I guess what I am trying to ask is, it seems as though the Powerpoint is embedded in the articulate file ( in the demo that was posted in the blog) and yet the user can still navigate the PPT interaction. Is that something specific to articulate? Currently I use Softchalk, and I can embed PPT's as images or widgets ( with an embed code) but I am not sure how to embed this type of interactive scenario so the user can still click on the hot areas.

David Anderson

3,246 posts

Posted 1222 days ago

Hi Karen,

I totally follow now! Thank you for the follow-up. That's right. PowerPoint hyperlinks can be used in Presenter for navigation. You can use the player buttons or PowerPoint-created hyperlinks to branch and navigate slides. Articulate will recognize the hyperlinks you create in PowerPoint.

Here's a tutorial that shows both hyperlinking and branching: community.articulate.com/.../adding-hyperlinks-and-branching.aspx

Posted 1222 days ago

Thank you for your quick follow up- I am going to try this with Softchalk, I don't think I can get the PPT to play within the design software, but I am going to try! Thanks for your help.

David Anderson

3,246 posts

Posted 1222 days ago

I've never used SoftChalk so I'm not sure... IT seems hyperlinks would be supported?

Another idea would be to use the scenario as more of an intro element where the slide--or scene--opens up to reveal the characters, content or other on-slide activities.

Sure the effect works best as a branching interaction, but it still works well for as a transition effect.

nouri Ben

1 posts

Posted 1222 days ago

very useful!!!!

Posted 1203 days ago

Hey David! Where did you get the office women and the backpacker images? eLearningArt.com ?

Thanks much!

David Anderson

3,246 posts

Posted 1203 days ago

Hi Jenise, I don't know. I've been collecting "over the shoulder" shots for long time so it could be from Getty, iStock, Photodisc... I just found them in one of my "business people" image folders.

Posted 1203 days ago

Okay, thanks! I do use, and enjoy, both eLearningArt.com and iStockPhoto.com

Thanks for working this weekend! LOL

Dean Bowles

3 posts

Posted 1089 days ago

What a great idea for a presentation! Thanks for sharing!

s k

1 posts

Posted 885 days ago

Thanks, your cool creative animations rock!!!

hu jiatian

2 posts

Posted 876 days ago

Thanks, i like it!

Posted 850 days ago

Love your animation motion. Thanks for posting this one!

Carol Witkiss

12 posts

Posted 830 days ago

So helpful!  thanks heaps.

Carol Witkiss

12 posts

Posted 830 days ago

Where can I get free images like this?

David Anderson

3,246 posts

Posted 825 days ago

Hi Carol - We have a great thread on free image sites (along with popular commercial sites) community.articulate.com/.../6430.aspx

Posted 764 days ago

This is great! how did you get the background to move like that? I understand how you did the images (I think) but I hadn't seen a panning background.

David Anderson

3,246 posts

Posted 761 days ago

Hi Susan! Here's a tutorial on how that effect came together: http://www.screenr.com/mz7 You can also download the source file (above) to pick things apart.

If you find you still have questions, just start a new thread in our forums and we'll help you put it together.

Susan Joakim

2 posts

Posted 680 days ago

Wow, I love this, so I created one for my on-line course.  I teach using Moodle.  How can I embed this in Moodle?

Layton F

32 posts

Posted 557 days ago

Hello David,

I love how you were able to do this in Articulate Studio but did you ever do a Storyline version of the same thing?  Is it hard to achieve the same effects?

Posted 534 days ago

Hello David, many thanks indeed!

joung chung

4 posts

Posted 432 days ago

wow. good idea!