Power point functionality in engage

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM  

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to Articulate and I have a few questions.

Firstly, how do I import the template I have in power point into the engage interactive content slides?

Secondly, how do I add power point functionality to the engage interactive content slides? I need this especially for navigation.

Thanks

J

This post has 0 verified answers

All Replies

User Rank Phil Mayor

9,742 posts

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 1:19 AM  

You cant I am afraid.  You can publish a slide in powerpoint and insert that a s a swf from the published folder, or you can publish the engage and insert as a swf, but tyhese are probably a but more complicated than you want if you are just starting.

User Rank Phil Mayor

9,742 posts

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM  

A sw is a flash file, there is an unsupported way of importing the engage interaction, it is a bit more hassle though

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:00 AM  

Hi Juanita

Do you know that you can import your engage using the articulate menu in powerpoint? Sorry if that's a basic answer but as you're new to Articulate I thought you may have missed the easy option. That way you have powerpoint funtionality with your Engage embedded in.

If you need the swf file you'll find it in the data folder of your published course. You can then insert it as a flash movie.

Amanda

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:05 AM  

Hi Amanda,

I saw that and have been working from that angle, thanks! What I gather, though is that you cannot insert a power point functionality (like, for example a hyperlink that takes you to a next slide or customised buttons) into a slide that has an Engage interaction in/on it.

J

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:30 AM  

Hi

Can you open slide properties in Presenter and use the branching there to change the next slide?

Here's a tutorial about hyperlinks in Engage in case you've missed it:  http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/adding-hyperlinks-in-your-interaction.aspx

Amanda