[DEMO] - Nutrition Displayer

Jul 27, 2012

Hi,

Once again nothing remarkable or groundbreaking here, but as I've been looking around for interesting ways of presenting what is, in effect, repetitive information, I came up with this.

May be of use to someone.

Bruce

16 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Beautiful interaction Bruce! And very cruel to display the cheeseburger this close to dinner time.  That SO look worth every one of the 359 calories it'd cost me! Seriously thanks for sharing this - I love it!

One small nitpicky thing to consider - right now on the nutrition label there appears to be a hyperlink on the text that says "2000 calorie diet," which of course made me want to click on it. However it's not possible to click it because when you move the mouse toward the hyperlink, the hover state of the selected food then turns off, which causes the nutrition label to retract. A way around this is to unmark the box that says "Restore on mouse leave" on the trigger which reveals the layer. That way the layer with the label stays visible until the learner hovers their mouse over one of the other foods.

Bruce Graham

Hi - updated...now fully clickable Jeanette

David - I would LOVE to be able to have slide by slide dimension choices... Certain things just look better displayed at certain dimensions, and I felt this worked well here.

Jeanette - the calorific value of 359 calories shown for the burger was for a McDonalds single cheeseburger - the image displayed was probably about 93000 

Thanks

Bruce

Carmelo Moschella

Hi Wendy this what I get when I click download. Please see below. This is what I am getting.....
BTW I am running SL2
[cid:image001.png@01D22DE2.7A94B2F0]
Carmelo Moschella | eLearning Designer and Developer
Child Youth Health Strategy Unit | Health Development | Department of Health
4th Floor Darwin Plaza, Smith Street, Darwin | PO Box 40596, Casuarina, NT 0811
p... (08) 8985 8029 |e... carmelo.moschella@nt.gov.au | www.nt.gov.au/health

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.