25 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Nice, Daniel! Thanks for sharing! Your narration style is really easy to listen to. I also like how you used sync'd animations throughout the slides to add create a feeling of progress and keep the preso moving along. Not once did it feel boring or static.. Nice shout-out to your E-Learning Heroes peeps, too! And I like how the guy at the end made a personal statement with his appearance.

Daniel Brigham

Jeanette Brooks said:

Nice, Daniel! Thanks for sharing! Your narration style is really easy to listen to. I also like how you used sync'd animations throughout the slides to add create a feeling of progress and keep the preso moving along. Not once did it feel boring or static.. Nice shout-out to your E-Learning Heroes peeps, too! And I like how the guy at the end made a personal statement with his appearance.

Thanks, Jeanette. I've been thinking that a presentation on how to alter the appearance of the SL characters might be useful. I wanted to do long hair on the VO guy, but settled for the earring and soul patch.
Daniel Brigham

David Steffek said:

Wow - going VERY deep in the catalog for that lyric! Serious fandom!

Great little presentation, Daniel! Good tips! I shared it with the rest of my team. My manager even said "Good stuff!"

Bruce Graham said:

Great stuff

Thanks for that Daniel - excellent for experienced v/o talent and beginners alike.

No matter how much I think I know, I'm forever at the start 

Bruce

"Still--I am."
Rich Johnstun

Thanks Daniel, very well done. I shared it with my team. I do the majority of the script writing with our team and have been told I have a "knack" for it. When asked how I do it, I've never been able to really articulate it (ironic, I know). My normal response is, "I write the way I talk. I think about how I would explain this to you, and that is exactly what I write.".  Your presentation does a much better job at giving the details of how this is done and I thank you for it. Hopefully some of our other designers will try writing their own scripts now. 

Daniel Brigham

Thank you, Rich. If you have an ear for how people talk (or have the desire to listen), it's pretty easy to write conversationally. "Write for the ear, not the eye" being the old adage. Of course, this means your VO scripts may not be grammatically correct, but neither is the way most people talk. Glad you found the prez of some value. Would like to see some of your scripts, if you feel like sending.

Daniel Brigham

Very glad you found the presentation helpful, Sue. Yes, I used Storyline's screen recording tool. In fact, that's one of my favorite features of Storyline. I go into a little bit more depth on the screen recording tool, in in this presentation, if you are interested. Top 8 Features of Storyline  Happy Friday. --Daniel

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.