Page 2 of 2 (39 items)

LMS Not Marking Course Complete

Posted Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

I am uploading a very basic "no-frills" course, published in Articulate '09, to SumTotal LMS 7.x. 

The course contains a quiz that requires 80% in order to pass.  However the end result even with a passing score of 100%, is an incomplete mark by the LMS.

I have tested with all 4 "Report Status" settings available and still no change.

Our company has spent weeks communicating with SumTotal's customer service in order to resolve the issue.

Today SumTotal indicated that the "Report Status" has to be set to "Incomplete\Completed" to resolve the issue. 

Is anyone else having reporting issues/problems with Articulate and SumTotal?

Thanks!

This post has 1 verified answers

Verified Answers

Posted Friday, May 06, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

Verified Answer

Solution Found. 

Our SumTotal LMS is version 7.2. 

The courses track properly on version 8.0.

All Replies

Posted Friday, May 06, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

Verified Answer

Solution Found. 

User Rank Justin Wilcox

2,467 posts

Posted Friday, May 06, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

If the exit tool isn't working, I would take a look at this:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=317

The exit tool does work outside of your specific LMS, though, so I would contact them to see if they can figure out why it's not working in those web browsers.

Another thing you could do would be to add a simple one questions quiz at the end of the presentation. Using a True/False question you could change the text to Yes or No and simply ask the end-user if they are done viewing the presentation. Have the Finish action of the quiz close the browser window and see if that works.

Posted Friday, September 16, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

victor matthews said:

Solution Found. 

Hi Victor,

So after reading this tread, could I just confirm that when you published and uploaded your SCORM file, you chose SCORM1.2, pass/incomplete and view by slide?

Thanks,
Katherine 

Posted Monday, September 19, 2011 at 4:39 AM  

Katherine, Yes that is correct.  The problem was not with Articulate but with our LMS verison (and lack or proper updates).

Ashwin Garde

1 posts

Posted Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM  

I have a similar problem as Victor. My course has a quiz (with all the settings as discussed above and here and there being correct) which is the basis for completion of the course. The course is marked incomplete on the LMS.

So, I tested it on an Emulator (called Reload) and ran the debuglms!!! This shows that when the course reaches the quiz slide, it does not pass the quiz score. And when I check it on the Emulator too, the quiz has not passed any data, and it shows that the course is, therefore, incomplete.

I am unsure if it is an LMS problem only. Because, a similar course works properly. Strangely, this course (second in a batch of seven courses) does not work.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

User Rank Justin Wilcox

2,467 posts

Posted Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM  

Ashwin Garde said:

I have a similar problem as Victor. My course has a quiz (with all the settings as discussed above and here and there being correct) which is the basis for completion of the course. The course is marked incomplete on the LMS.

So, I tested it on an Emulator (called Reload) and ran the debuglms!!! This shows that when the course reaches the quiz slide, it does not pass the quiz score. And when I check it on the Emulator too, the quiz has not passed any data, and it shows that the course is, therefore, incomplete.

I am unsure if it is an LMS problem only. Because, a similar course works properly. Strangely, this course (second in a batch of seven courses) does not work.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

It sounds like you are not tracking the quiz, which you must specify when you publish. If you think you are, I would remove the quiz, import it again and update your tracking options in the publish wizard to make sure you are tracking the quiz.

Nancy Dietz

6 posts

Posted Monday, May 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM  

Recently updated to Articulate '09 and now I am having problems with the course passing Complete to the LMS (NetDimensions). It works fine with Internet Explorer 8.0. Has anyone had issues with compatibility between '09 and earlier verison of IE or other browsers?

User Rank Peter Anderson

10,113 posts

Posted Monday, May 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM  

Hi Nancy, 

So which browsers are you seeing the issue with? Would you mind testing your course in SCORM Cloud to help us determine if the issue is Articulate-related or if it's on your LMS's side? If it appears in SCORM Cloud as well, we'd be happy to take a closer look at what might be going on. If you can't replicate the issue in SCORM Cloud, it's probably an issue that you'd want to take to your LMS team. 

The articles here and here may also help clear up common LMS issues.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 (39 items)