How to takle a project with lots os videos??

Jun 11, 2013

Hi there,

I got lots of videos to play on the course I'm making and I noticed that everytime that I publish it has to re encode each one of em. Is getting a bit clumpsy to manage.

Should I separate the video modules from the main app (menu) and link them via URL?

I would apreciate a lot if someone can tell me what is the better or more standard way to takle this sort of project

thank you!!

6 Replies
Ruben Nielpha

Hi Harri C

I,ll resume the project for you:

-I got an index with 9 subjects, each one is gonna launch a diferent video about 6-7 minutes, recorded with the built in "Record Screen" feature. We also plan to mark some zoom areas an add some caption boxes on top.

-After that comes a test or quiz with questions about each subject . I haven't reach this stage yet and, to be honest, I got no idea how it works.

Probably not all the videos are gonna be that long

Thanks a lot for replying

Harri S

Hi Ruben,

I had about 6 or 7 videos to manage and some of them were initially very large (up to 200,000kb). This is how I handled it, maybe it will work for you too.

First of all, I ensured that all the videos were in MP4 format.

Then I used Camtasia (video editing software) to reduce the file sizes.

Originally the videos launched in lightboxes but didn't work very well, so I removed the lightboxes and just used standard slide.

Then finally, I experimented with the video quality settings when publishing to find the right balance between quality and functionality.

Alternatively, if you can host the videos on an external server you could always use the 'jump to URL' trigger to manage your videos, but personally I think it could be a little confusing for the learner to see different web pages popping up.

Hope this is of some help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.