Creating organic courses with storyline

Aug 18, 2013

Hi,

I am working to create a organic course that is more focus on covering one key topic from a variety of different areas related to the said topic. Ideally, I would want the user to come in, receive a start page setting up the course for it's content by introducing the topic, and then from there have a slide that is constantly being used as a "home" where the user returns at the leisure from one focus area to find another area to explore. The tracking will not be based on sort of completion but rather a place where the user can go to find all the information for said topic and only be tracked by the slides he/she completes. 

As I try and storyboard this out for storyline, does any one have any suggestions as if this layout can work? If it can, do you have any planning tips/storyboarding ideas to make the branching work efficiently into storyline?

Have I completely out did myself with my imagination this time? Oh, and by the way, I need this course ready for launch by Oct 1st.

Any help at all is appreciated!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lenae and welcome to Heroes! 

I've seen courses that were set up this way previously, but I'll let the community weigh in on specific tips or ideas as to how viable it is to set up, especially by Oct 1. You may also want to post this in the Building Better Courses forum just to ensure you're getting as many community responses as possible. 

Good luck with your project, and please let us know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.