Ideas to represent structure

Oct 21, 2013

Hello Fellow Articulate course designers,

I need to represent the structure of our organisation which has a "front office", a "middle office" and a "back-office". Any ideas would be most welcome.

6 Replies
Bob S

Would have to "fit" the company of course, but some ideas that pop to mind....

• Parts of a human body - head, heart, lungs
  • Elements of a car/truck - steering wheel, engine, throttle/brakes
  • Stops along a journey - ie train stations or cities

The "theme" that all of these share is the relationship between them; that it all falls apart if one of them is missing. Maybe that thought will inspire you!

Good luck.

Curtis Pembrook

Perhaps a metaphor using a top-down view of a slice of a building, similar to a blueprint. Doesn't have to represent the exact layout of your company's offices, but rather have a "room" for each division or department. Learner a could visit each room and learn something from an expert who discusses the division. Of course, conclude the lesson with a recap of your org chart.

El Burgaluva

Hi, Sophia

I agree with Bob that a metaphor which is thematically related to the nature of the business is probably a good way of getting the concept across and for it to stick.

I'd add that in order to go down that track, you probably want to clearly delineate the FUNCTION of each "office" and focus on comparing and contrasting by means of your metaphor.

So what are these functions? Maybe someone can help spark an idea.

Leslie

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.