Variables & Graphs

Jan 09, 2014

Is it possible to collect variables across a quiz and then produce a graph on another page.

I want to collect a number of results from a quiz - and produce a bar chart or radar chart.

Is it possible in Articulate Storyline or a Javascript that can pass it back to Storyline?

Any ideas welcome

10 Replies
Michael Hinze

Gareth, this may be too simplistic for you, but here is an example of a bar chart, created with Storyline variables: http://dev.keypointlearn.com/xcl71_SL/Charts/V2/story.html. I uses object states to display bars, based on the input from the previous screen. This would only work for a small data set with integer numbers, but may do the trick.

Michael Hinze

Walt Bailey said:

Michael that example is fantastic. Would you be willing to share your .story file for that one? I understand if you can't.

Hi Walt,

no problem at all, see attached the example. There is not much to this example. The 'selection' slide consists of four button sets that are used to set the column values. The second (lightboxed) slide has four column objects with a bunch of states. Based on the column values, the corresponding object states are shown. Hope that makes sense.

Sarah Ekizian

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for this great example!

I have a couple of questions though:

- Is it possible to create -through several slides- more than 1 question related to 1 column? If yes, how would you do it?

- Is there any possibility to show results in a different graphic way than vertical bar chart?

Many thanks in advance!

Michael Hinze

Sarah Ekizian said:

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for this great example!

I have a couple of questions though:

- Is it possible to create -through several slides- more than 1 question related to 1 column? If yes, how would you do it?

- Is there any possibility to show results in a different graphic way than vertical bar chart?

Many thanks in advance!

From the top of my head, you could 'group' questions, assign custom scores and then calculate the sub score for each group, which in turn could be used to create the bars in the chart.

You might be able to use other shapes (e.g. pie shape) to create different types of graphs. But for anything more than basic graphs, you have to use some JavaScript-based chart library, like this one here.

Jon Ellinor

You might be able to use other shapes (e.g. pie shape) to create different types of graphs. But for anything more than basic graphs, you have to use some JavaScript-based chart library, like this one here.

I am looking to create a quiz/questionnaire in Storyline that users will take to find out how the time in their day is broken down in to 5 categories.

I have 50 questions. Each question will have it's own slide and has 5 possible answers (1-5).

When the survey is completed, could somebody please explain to me in laymen's terms how I can display a pie chart of the user's results. I understand that I may need to use Java scrip, however implementing it is not something I know how to do. Please help.

Thank

Jon

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.