Your #1 Book?

Apr 03, 2014

With the recent money that has been credited to thousands of Amazon accounts, I thought there might be an interesting discussion here.

If money were tight and you REALLY wanted ONE book, and Amazon just credited you with the exact amount of money you needed to buy the book, what book would you buy?

13 Replies
Jackie Van Nice

Hi Nick! I think they just handed me a whopping $4.39. I'll assume you're talking about work-related books. As simple as they are, Austin Kleon's Steal Like an Artist and Show Your Work are nice - and beautifully formatted for e-reading. But I have those.

For a book I don't have, I'd choose Julie Dirksen's Design for How People Learn. I always hear great things about it but haven't read it yet.

Nick n/a

Hi Nick,

I'm now going to check out my amazon account. Haven't used it for a while.

My book would be:

Improving Performance: How to Manage the White Space in the Organization Chart

Geary A. Rummler , Alan P. Brache

Although I already have a copy of this book, I'd buy another one as a backup copy. (I read paper books really fast and tend to wear them out quick.)

Ashley Chiasson
I have many!
Creative, Inc.: The Ultimate Guide to Running a Successful Freelance Business - Joy Deangdeelert Cho and Meg Mateo Ilasco
Do Cool Sh*t - Miki Agrawal
Daring Greatly - Brene Brown
Instructional Design Specific:
Mastering Adobe Captivate 7 - Damien Bruyndonckx (on my to read list)
Design for How People Learn - Julie Dirksen
Learning Articulate Storyline - Stephanie Harnett
Any of the E-Learning Uncovered books - I found the Storyline one especially useful when used in tandem with Learning Articulate Storyline.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.