Jeopardy in Storyline

Jul 18, 2012

So i was playing with storyline and trying to learn how to use all the features available. Just wanted to get some feedback on any ways i could improve the functionality of this. It could also serve as a template for anyone who likes it

Thanks,

Sean Hoyle

**Updated August 13th, 2013**

Here is my final product.

Preview

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26418304/ISS-Jeopardy/story.html

Storyline File

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26418304/ISS-Jeopardy/ISS-Jeopardy.story

52 Replies
Jenny Carter

Hi Sean,

Thanks for creating and sharing the Jeopardy template!

I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to track an end users results.  To give you an example, if the end user got a question wrong, after the game was complete, it could branch to a slide (or slides) customized to the questions they got incorrect.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jenny

Sean Hoyle

jenny i think the best way would be to change the interaction into a free form interaction but i could be wrong about that. im really not sure because i did it awhile ago and haven't really looked at it since then. you could put a sort of variable on each question so u know if they missed it or not then at the end look at the variables and see which set of responses you should show.

Jedidiah Esposito

@ Sean, 

I wanted to thank you for sharing this template and to share it back to you and the community with the modifications my teammate and I have made. I'm also interested in any feedback!

Among the changes made:

• Skinned it up to look a little more like a jeopardy game
  • Sounds
  • Splash screen
  • Added a review layer that makes recommendations to the learner based on their performance in each category (states on some hidden objects on the review layer)

Preview: Here

Native:  Download Here

Cheers!
-Jedidiah Esposito and Victoria Wentz 

Sean Hoyle

Yes Thanks it looks awsome i actually almost forgot i had done this.

I ended up changing the way i did a lot of the game because so many elements on one slide really seemed to bog down storyline.

Anyways if i get approval to i will post my final product its a different approach to the same type of game. and thats one of the reasons i really love storyline is you can accomplish things so many different ways it's all up to your imagination / skills with storyline.

Andre Cameron

Jenny Carter said:

Hi Sean,

Thanks for creating and sharing the Jeopardy template!

I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to track an end users results.  To give you an example, if the end user got a question wrong, after the game was complete, it could branch to a slide (or slides) customized to the questions they got incorrect.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jenny

Hey @Jenny 

Were you able to figure out how to track user results from the game?

if so how

Thanks in advance

Jenny Carter

Hi Andre,

I actually came up with an alternative solution.  Since this was for a compliance course, our Legal department wanted EVERYONE to view all of the informational slides, even if they got the answer correct.

We ended up customizing this Jeopardy template (http://library.elearningtemplates.com/product/14543-GameShow-Storyline-Games/) from eLearning brothers.  After the user answers the question, it goes to an additional slide which is actually the "meat" of the training.  It will contain either a video, graphics or screen capture depending on the content.

At the end, the game board highlights all of the answers you got incorrect and you have the opportunity to answer them again.

Hope this helps!

-Jenny

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.