Page 5 of 8 (213 items)

Articulate on iPads?

User Rank Jeff Kortenbosch

1,050 posts

Posted Monday, January 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

Hi Team,

Was wondering how you plan to deal with the increasing amount of iPad users. I know that in my company they are running pilots with them but my Articulate courses won't run on them :( Are you looking into a Publish for iPad or other solution like publishing a course to HMTL5 or something like that?

This post has 0 verified answers

All Replies

User Rank Justin Wilcox

2,476 posts

Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 11:30 AM  

I would never force you to violate anything, Gerry. It will be nice to view e-learning on your brand new iPad 2 though won't it?

User Rank Gabe Anderson

524 posts

Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

I think the answer to this thread... we can now say... is yes.

And here's one of my favorite Storyline tweets so far. This one is also good. And this one.

Craig Wiggins

89 posts

Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

Agreed. Since I'm not at #LS2011, I can't get a real demo.

Any word on when that is happening for us in the unwashed e-learning jockey masses?

User Rank Gabe Anderson

524 posts

Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

Craig Wiggins said:

Agreed. Since I'm not at #LS2011, I can't get a real demo.

Any word on when that is happening for us in the unwashed e-learning jockey masses?

More info here.

User Rank Steve Flowers

4,047 posts

Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

OK. I really wish there was a tool. Something crazy... I would call this tool Screenr and I would use it to fight evil. I would also use it to share all these neat demos with the rest of the world:P I really want to see what the folks in those rooms are seeing.

Craig Wiggins

89 posts

Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

Steve Flowers said:

OK. I really wish there was a tool. Something crazy... I would call this tool Screenr and I would use it to fight evil. I would also use it to share all these neat demos with the rest of the world:P I really want to see what the folks in those rooms are seeing.

i heart this guy right now.

Posted Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 2:28 AM  

For Italian users:

Per gli utenti italiani:

Qui parlo di Storyline

Qui parlo di Articulate su iPad

Posted Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

I'm wondering if the content is a published App or just packaged content available via a website. So many questions.

User Rank Adam Schwartz

250 posts

Posted Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 7:18 AM  

iPad content will be viewed via the browser. A user shouldn't have to download an app to view the content. Nor should the author have to get their content approved by Apple.

Will Findlay

146 posts

Posted Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

Adam Schwartz said:

iPad content will be viewed via the browser. A user shouldn't have to download an app to view the content. Nor should the author have to get their content approved by Apple.

This is also a good thing in environments where installing apps may be disabled because devices are shared. That is how our department's iPad was configured. (No matter how hard I tried, Angry Birds would just not install).

Les Helyes

1 posts

Posted Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 3:34 PM  

I would like to develop training for iPad delivery because it's the iPad is so easily portable, and, more and more of my clients are asking about. 

It will be great if/when articulate provides an output format that will run on the Apple OS.

Will Findlay

146 posts

Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

Has anyone tried iSwifter with Articulate files? http://iswifter.youwebinc.com/

It acts as a middle man between Flash content and the iPad - it essentially streams the video from the flash file to the iPad.

Our corporate iPad is locked down so I can't install the iSwifter app. I'm curious if all of the websites it works with are "hard wired" or if you can point iSwifter to a website of your choosing (like to my Articulate content).

Will Findlay

146 posts

Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

Cool! Seems like something like iSwifter might be a good addition to Articulate Online?

J M

1 posts

Posted Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

Scalability is extremely important in this line of business. If Articulate won't do it, someone else will. Ask Apple! Consider the current business model at most corporations, schools, and the medical field. Either get onboard or get the heck out of the way, and that's the speed technology is moving at.

The company I work for will be outfitting all flight crews (3,000+) with iPads. Our training staff will be looking at using the iPad as a vehicle to deliver elearning computer based technology. So far, only one company is offering a development platform and... it's not Articulate. It's unfortunate as we do use Articulate's product in-house however, it appears they are not moving rapidly towards addressing a response with the current onslaught of iPad sales and it's abilities. Is that a light at the end of the tunnel...?

User Rank Steve Flowers

4,047 posts

Posted Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

@J - Have a quick search through the forums for a tool called Storyline. You'll find a few photos of Articulate products still in development that run on iPads. They're working on it and have projected a summer release with an update to Studio that will also have HTML5 support.

I'll agree with you that platform flexibility is where tool makers should focus. Stuff should run anywhere in some capacity, even if it only runs great on a few select platforms. I do wonder, though, about demands that tool vendors support scalable outputs so it'll run on a closed and controlled device from another vendor Seems a little odd to me.

I personally wouldn't choose or recommend the iPad for deployment of content to my organization for just this reason. It's neat. I have one. So does my wife. My experience with mobile support deployment tells me most of them end up on a shelf or on a trash heap after a year. There is just enough closed control to the apple device to make me believe this cycle could be accelerated. I hope this changes. There's great potential in mobile deployment for learning and performance support.

User Rank Steve Flowers

4,047 posts

Posted Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 6:12 AM  

I currently work with a team developing content specifically for fortune 500 sales forces who run all their presentations directly on iPads. With that trend... It can only be a matter of time before globe-trottting execs and sales people demand training on these devices. 

Was under-impressed by rapid-intake studio... it works but none of the pizazz of Articulate, and no audio on slides. It does demonstrate however that it is not so easy to convert all the animation, synchronized audio and interaction of a flash environment to HTML 5.

User Rank Brian Batt

5,047 posts

Posted Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

Hi Bob,

If you used IE9 to reply, can you repost your reply with a different browser?  This should resolve the issue of your blank post.

As an FYI, we're working on a fix for IE9 in Heroes.

Page 5 of 8 (213 items)